Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate and ECG Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Bought a Charge 5 yesterday. However, there seems to be an issue with heart rate monitoring. The hr is anything between twenty to forty beats higher than with my other watches: a Garmin and an Apple Ultra, which are usually within five or six beats of each other.

The other issue is that the hr will read something like 75bpm but when I go to do an ECG it tells me it’s inconclusive because the HR is below 50 (which is my normal rate). In other words, there’s a big disparity between the heart rate as shown on the watch and the rate it records when I do an ECG.

I’ve done the three pulse reset thing, turned it all on and off but nothing changes. Suggestions please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It's good to see you as a new member of the community @Jimmyholden.

Thanks for providing these details about the inconvenience with your Charge 5 and for the troubleshooting steps performed in order to fix it. 

Please try restarting the device again using the three pulse restart method mentioned here below, instead of the restart option found on the Charge 5 itself: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

Additionaly, please follow the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate. Also, the information mentioned here about other factors that could affect your heart rate reading. Try to perform these steps before considering other options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I’d already done all of those things and the accuracy didn’t improve. I have now returned the item for a refund: very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes