Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hook and Loop Charge 5 band won't release

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a new charge 5 two weeks ago and immediately ordered two additional bands.  The first, the hook and loop, arrived a couple days ago.  I installed the new band but it now appears stuck.  I can't remove it and calls to Fitbit for help have gone unanswered.  Anyone experience similar problems installing or disengaging a new band on the charge 5.  Thanks, Glenn W.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I bought the hook and loop band and got one side into the pebble. Before I put the other end in the pebble I tried pulling out the band and did so successfully after having to work it for some time. Bottom line I wasted money on the band. I’ve also seen Wearable Whisperer on YouTube had a similar hard time disengaging the hook and loop band. Seemingly it isn’t properly made. Likely defective. Totally unhappy with this situation! As for comments often appearing throughout this forum that Fitbit is working as hard as it can and simply for customers to give the company time to act, I find that comment now something to dismiss. Don’t hear that from Amazon. Don’t hear that from Apple. Fitbit is a big boy now with Google muscle.  Still waiting for the Fitbit refund on my returned preorder Charge 5. Their long response time finds no life at Amazon, Apple, etc. Simply too long a process! 

Best Answer

It is discouraging. I can't understand why dozens of band options were not available immediately. Poor customer service and poor marketing.
Come on Fitbit, you are losing brand loyalty and market share with the slow motion roll out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for posting this. I was just about to order one of the hook and loop bands. You saved me $35 and a bunch of frustration. 

Best Answer

I'm on the same boat here!
I'd like to be able to switch back and forth between the Hook and Loop and the standard silicone band but I can't!
I managed to release one end of the band with lot of force and a use of my fingernails, but couldn't release the other.

I don't want to pull to hard on it to not overstretch it..
This sucks!

Best Answer