Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly Activity Steps not counted on Charge 5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Charge 5 just over a week.  Today it started lagging with waking up and with counting my steps for hourly activity.

Also, I cannot feel the vibration notifications.  I know it is vibrating as I had someone else check out.  Is there a setting to have the notification beep or flash?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @CherishedVitali 

Believe it or not, you do get used to the vibrations after a while (they felt much weaker than the Charge 4 to me) and now they often make me jump.  I'm even considering turning them back to Normal!

I'm not sure about the steps problem to be honest.  It does have a delay of about 5 steps before they start registering, to try to counteract false movements, and that can be a bit strange when you're watching.

If it's a bigger problem than that, it's probably worth doing a restart.  From the Clock Face scroll down until you get to Settings, tap, then scroll up to the end Restart Device and follow the instructions.  That can often help to correct small problems.

I hope that helps a bit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @CherishedVitali 

I'm pretty sure the vibrations are all we have.  There's no way of making sounds with the Charge 5 and I haven't heard anything about setting up flashes.  The vibrations can take a bit of getting used to.

You CAN however adjust the power of the vibrations.  From the Clock Face, scroll down to Settings, tap, then scroll up to Vibrations, you can tap it to change it to Strong.  I personally found Normal to be too weak.

I hope that helps a bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for replying.  I already had the vibrations set to strong as I knew that I would have problems feeling them.  Maybe they should add even stronger vibrations.  🙂
Any help on it not counting my steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CherishedVitali 

Believe it or not, you do get used to the vibrations after a while (they felt much weaker than the Charge 4 to me) and now they often make me jump.  I'm even considering turning them back to Normal!

I'm not sure about the steps problem to be honest.  It does have a delay of about 5 steps before they start registering, to try to counteract false movements, and that can be a bit strange when you're watching.

If it's a bigger problem than that, it's probably worth doing a restart.  From the Clock Face scroll down until you get to Settings, tap, then scroll up to the end Restart Device and follow the instructions.  That can often help to correct small problems.

I hope that helps a bit.

Best Answer

I have tried doing a restart.  It seems to do better when I am in a room with more windows.  I wonder if cloudy days have an effect on the accuracy as well? 

As far as feeling the vibrations, I have limited feeling in the arm that I wear it on.  Wearing it on the other arm is not an option.

Thank you for your input.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very often on the hourly activity I have to walk 3 to 4 hundred steps to get it to register the 250.  The vibration just randomly stops and sometimes changing other settings gets it working again. Turning sleep mode on and off several times has helped. Today the step counter locked up at 9991 steps and wouldn't count any more. I tried lots of things but eventually got it to work by stomping around as hard as I could and smacking my hand on my hip. Hopefully thats not where yours is headed because your kids will think you are crazy.  My experience so far, and reading the forum posts, leads me to believe that the charge 5 is just a very poorly made unit. I will use it until I end up up throwing it across the room and then I will try the Garmin.

Best Answer