Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours of sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Charge 5 is recording my hours of sleep correctly. Sometimes far too much, at other times far too little and occasionally not at all. Can this be corrected? Subsidiary question - when does it start recording hours of sleep each day? Is it from the moment I first go to sleep or from midnight?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @drang 

You might find the information on this Fitbit page helpful, especially since it has the answer to your subsidiary question: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit

When my Charge 5 doesn't record my sleep properly, I edit the sleep log in the Fitbit app. I correct the sleep/wake times as needed as well as delete any "extra" sleep logs. It took me a while to accept that deleting a sleep log only deletes the time period and not the data recorded in my Fitbit. For me, it often takes time for the sleep stages & score to update in the app, sometimes an hour or so.

Please let us know if you still have questions about tracking your sleep or if you would like step-by-step directions for editing your sleep logs.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

It starts when it detects your heart rate and breathing slow down. I like to read in bed before going to sleep and often those last few minutes will register as “light sleep”.  

Best Answer

Thanks for that. It has always been something that puzzled me.

Best Answer
0 Votes