Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I appear to have walked 1k steps in my sleep Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got Charge 5 yesterday and this morning it was telling me that I had already walked 1250 steps. I did go to bed after midnight and I think my steps were around 250. Anyone know why. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, thank you for sharing that you experienced this inconvenience with your Charge 5 device, @kazd

It you went to bed after midnight, it would be possible to get that amount of steps in just a while if you were walking. However, if you were not moving that much and you saw that you had only 250 steps recorded when you went to bed, please try to complete a restart procedure following these steps, as this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar.

It's may be normal to see some steps recorded when waking up, but not a large number of steps. Let me know if you continue to experience the same behavior. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

It might be possible the tracker is recording any and all movement, such as tossing and turning.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing this information, @JustTami!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing. 12,000 steps before I got out of bed and I went to bed at 10 pm.  I kmow I don't move that much in my sleep!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SweetJanOK 

Just out of curiosity, do you wear it on your dominant or non-dominant hand?   Is your setting in the App set to the right one?  

To check, go to the Today screen, tap your profile picture then Charge 5, and check wrist.  If for example you wear it on your dominant side but the setting was non-dominant, it might really pay attention to every move, for example scratching an itch.

It’s just an idea and may not be relevant for you, but it does calculate movements differently depending on the setting.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear it on my non-dominant wrist and my app is set right. I returned one
for the same reason, the second night I had it, it counted 15,000 steps
before I ever got out of bed. I have had this one for a couple of weeks and
now it is doing the same thing.

--------------

I'm seriously considering returning this one and going back to my Charge 4 which worked fine for years.

Best Answer

@SweetJanOK Thank you for your reply and confirming that you have experienced the same problem. 

It seems that you already tried some basic troubleshooting steps suggested in another thread. In this case, if you continue to experience the same problem and since this is an unusual amount of steps tracked during your sleep, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Have a great day. 

Best Answer