Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate to the Point of Absurdity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Certainly not a new topic.

We are in our first weekend with these Charge 5's. I've walked two blocks (0.2 miles) today and spent four hours at my desk. Fitbit charts that I've walked 1.23 miles. 

What value, other than stroking my ego, is this device bringing to my life? None. Zero. It's a flat spare tire. 

Fitbit: You have all the technology built into this device to solve this problem. Here are some ideas for your programmers:

• If the user is sleeping: don't count steps.
  • If the user is not moving on GPS: don't count steps.
  • If the user's heart rate indicates resting: don't count steps. 
  • Most importantly: If the device has GPS, do not calculate distances based on steps.
  • And if your MBA's don't want to spend a lot of money writing new software, then provide an off-switch for step-counting. 

You're welcome. I'll invoice you on Monday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Do you really not take any steps from your bed to your bathroom to your kitchen to your car to your office, or are those your 2 blocks?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today, yes. That was it. Two block on a Sunday morning and 1-mile off. My bedroom is 28-ft from the kitchen where i was working. Yesterday I hiked with both phone and fitbit. By end of day it was 2.5 miles off. Most worthless piece of tech I have ever bought. The return is started. 

Best Answer
0 Votes