Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

How do confirm which firmware version you have.  My app has 57.20001.149.11.  I assume this is the app firmware, not C5.

Best Answer
On the Fitbit from the display face, scroll down to settings. Top settings
and scroll up to Device info. Tap Device info, tap system info. Scroll up
to version. The number you see will be the firmware for the charge 5 device.
Best Answer

But according to the website there should be new clock faces, no?

in the previous version there should be 24 faces if i am correct.

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer

After FW update battery drains from 100% to zero within an hour!!

Used to stay charged for the whole week.

Device is only 5 months old.

Best Answer

Looks like we are all Fitbit premium beta testers of the public official update. 

How cool is this? I am glad I don’t have the update yet. Guessing there will be a global roll back soon. 

Best Answer

since the update my charge 5 will not pair. App keeps telling me I have to select Nearby Sharing and then when I select Try Again it goes nowhere.

Best Answer

Agree, if they want to keep their consumers happy, a rollback may just be necessary! I am wondering is it possible that the firmware updates actually fried the internal batteries?

Best Answer

Have you tried to Bluetooth pair from your Android device or iOS device settings?

Best Answer

looks like all permissions were shut off after the update so once I reset
the all seems to be well.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

I've been having terrible issues the last 2 days with my Charge 5. Ive had 2 updates in the last week and neither did anything but make it worse. Everything was fine before all the updates. Now my battery will drain in less than 2 hours where before it lasted almost a week or more. Screen barely wakes up when prompted by motion or tapping. I've reset it multiple times over the last 2 days. The first time it died it took almost 15hours for my to get it to reset and stay on. This is ridiculous, fix the issues or you will lose many loyal fitbit customers!!!

Best Answer

It is the number 57.20001.149.11.  Not close to what is being released/recalled.  Is there any rhyme or reason to the numbering?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. It is becoming quite frustrating!! There should be an option to turn it off.

Best Answer

I don’t have the update yet!!😩😩

Best Answer

I'm NEVER buying another Fitbit device again after this.

I'm done! 

They're obviously going the Apple route of hobbling devices with firmware updates before subsequent new device releases.

They'll need to be held to account.

A device that has basically being bricked after 5 months.

Any potential new Fitbit customers should be aware and look for alternatives. Run far!

Best Answer

Agreed. This charge 5 is going back to amazon UK. And the. I'm onto trading standards for the fake advert. I e screen shot everything so they can change what they want. Too late 

Best Answer

I installed the update and now have find my phone, but I see no new clock faces… Any idea what’s going on?

Best Answer

My Charge 5 battery has drained to zero and shutdow in less than 2-3 hrs since the upgrade .

No notification of low battery was received

It was working fine before the upgrade with an average of 50% battery drain after 7 days

Best Answer

That may be a good news if you saw so many others having problem after update. Its better to wait.

Best Answer

Can you count how many clock faces now? In the previous version there should be 24

Best Answer

My Charge 5 worked fine before the firmware update. The battery would last for several days, sometimes up to a week. After the update it now goes from 100% to dead within two hours. So frustrating, it’s essentially become useless. 

Best Answer