Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone!

First off, I wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. Secondly, since the majority of Charge 5 users have reported successfully updating to firmware update (1.171.50), I am closing this thread. If you still have not updated your Charge 5, check out this link  for some best practices on how to update your device.

If you are experiencing an issue with your Charge 5 unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic.

Thanks again for all your feedback and contributions on this thread.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

Ever since installing the firmware update my Fitbit charge 5 keeps prompting me to add a card to my wallet for fitbit pay, randomly until I dismiss only to be pinged again a few minutes later!

I DON’T want to add a card, I already have perfectly acceptable payment methods set up,  and at this rate my Fitbit battery is going to be flat in a few days.

How do I disable this (and all payment features tbh) please?

Best Answer

Hello @FitbitCommunity ,

According to the changelog some new clock faces are available. I'm holding the purchase of the tracker (from my Charge 4) until i see some heavy stats clock faces . Can you please share the newly added once?

Thanks a lot

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

My charge 5 shut down and will not reset. Even using the charger button.  

Best Answer

Will there be the UK/ Europe/ rest of rhe World  option for Dd/mm date format or will it remain mm/dd?

I'm hoping fitbit have listened to the pleas

But I'm not convinced

Best Answer

Thanks and fantastic news.  Find my phone is a great addition and really appreciated the fix of the battery issue.  

Do we know which bug fix and improvements have been installed?

Not sure about the clock faces- is there anything new? 

Best Answer

Dd/mm options?

Best Answer

I was denied support because this update would resolve the issue. 

This is for GPS. I don't use the devices GPS. Battery still drains in less than 24 hours. 

Best Answer

Since updating the firmware yesterday, my Charge 5 battery has drained to zero. It had been working fine before the upgrade.

Best Answer

I have upgraded but am also wondering what bugs were fixed.  I am assuming that the GPS dropping issue was not one of them since this mornings ride not only did my watch GPS connection drop but it shut off the GPS.  I do the same route a couple of times a week and always get different results in terms of where the connection will drop.  I miss my Ionic which never had GPS issues

Best Answer

Show a screenshot of the new clock faces available, please.

Aria, Charge 5, and Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (Android One) user.
Best Answer

Mine is mesed up too. I updated the firmware yesterday, today the battery drained to 0% and  now it does not work. When reseting by the charger Fitbit logo shortly appears, but then the display does not work right. It is distorted white figures on gray lines...

Best Answer

The firmware version released is 1.171.50 I believe, but my watch is stuck on 1.149.11 no matter what I do it's not updating to the new version and I don't see the update on the app. The battery drain issue is hugely affected and thought this update will be solace but unfortunately, I don't see the update which is hugely disappointing.

Best Answer

The latest update didn't help much with the battery. Drain. My battery now stays charge for approximately 7 hours instead of one or two hours. What really has me disgusted is my battery used to stay charged for 5 days up to about 2 weeks ago.

My Fitbit charge 5 is only 9 months old and it was bought at Kohl's so it appears that Fitbit will not replace my phone because it wasn't purchased directly from them. I do think this is more of a hardware issue versus a program issue. I'm now debating whether to buy a Garmin fitness exercise device to replace the Fitbit. I've heard that their devices are built well and batteries last for a week.

Best Answer

After the update, the battery dies on my charge 5 within hours when it used to last for over a week.

I chatted with customer support to no avail... I was told that my device had not yet finished the update. I don't even think that is possible. It says it is on the latest software version in the app...

This is very annoying seeing as the device worked perfectly for me before the update.

Best Answer

I’m am having the same issues, first my battery drain within 4 hours, now it doesn’t even  turn on. Tried the restart I get the logo and then the black screen of death. I have contacted customer support 4 times and they are absolutely no help, all I’m told is to restart my fit and then when nothing happens I’m told they can’t do anything else. I’m am completely frustrated!

Best Answer

Yes and now won’t charge either

Best Answer

Mine was okish for about 3 days post update. The battery drain was awful but after I reset it, it was ok.

Today it has died. Black screen, no monitor activity on the back, won't restart on the charger, just overheats. 

It's dead I think.

Best Answer

Updated to this firmware version a couple of days ago. Zero new watch faces in the Gallery.

Best Answer

I updated the firmware a few days ago. No initial issues but then while swimming the Fitbit logo turned on, followed by flashing of the logo a few hours later. Now the Fitbit screen is dead despite charging. The app finds the Fitbit when I attempt to attach it but without the screen I can’t pair it.

Best Answer