Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

Thank you.

Best Answer
Agree. I put my C5 on 20 minutes ago with a full charge. It’s down to 84%!
Fix this or replace them.
--
Doug Hansell
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
@AngieR1

I wish we knew how many folks installed the update and carried on without any problems and now have everything working and have new clock faces. There are so many who have reported problems but you are only the second one I've seen report success.

Of course when something works most people just move on and don't stop and report that it worked. Most only take the time to report if they have problems.

Out of all the people who have Charge 5 FitBits I wonder how many there are who are having problems because of the update? Is it 1% and most people don't have a problem or is it some higher percent like maybe 50%. Sure would be nice to know.

Bill
Best Answer
@Catwoman777

You have gone through 2 Charge 5s and are waiting for your third! Wow, that's amazing. Nothing to do with the update I assume. Did they just not work from the start?

I hope when the third one comes it works right out of the box!

Bill
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngieR1-- How many new watch faces are there?   Are you able to post screen shots?   Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Talehthas

One of the things that would help was if we had any idea how many of the Charge 5s have been operating without problems and have been updated without problems. Is it 99% with 1% having problems or is it 50% having problems? We (the customers) really don't know. I agree that someone who has a FitBit that is working and applies the update and it works is probably not going to go on the forum and leave a comment that everything is working. So far I've seen comments from two people that everything is working.

On the other hand with so many commenters saying that the update went badly and now their Charge 5s don't work you can understand why some of us (me for sure) are hesitant to apply the update to our devices which are currently working just fine. Especially if the Charge 5 (like mine) is out of warranty. Could get expensive if we apply the update and brick it.

I just wish that FitBit would recognise our discussion here and give us some feedback about how widespead the problems are and what they are doing or going to do to address them. That kind of information would calm a lot of people down. They seem to be unwilling to publicly admit that there are some problems and explain what is happening. Makes it look like they are hiding their heads under the covers and denying everything. That may be the way things are done these days but it certainly does not win customer loyalty.

Bill
Best Answer
@Talehthas

That's interesting about the email support systems being controlled by a supervisor. I didn't know that.

In the past I've used email for support (not FitBit) and sometimes nobody ever responded to my email but sometimes it worked very well. It's always worth a try. Just like anything else it will either work or it won't!

Bill
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Sarahyogi

You might have to get a Twitter account just for this. That's funny but it applies to me too!

Bill
Best Answer

So you do have new watch faces?   Can you post screen shots of what they look like? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Loved my fitbit. Crashed in the middle of the update and unpaired. Cannot pair. Cannot restart. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Guys, you are replying directly to me - Colleen. I have no idea if your
questions/comments are getting to Fitbit, but I have no answers for you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Talahthas your observations about people with problems being the ones to post on community forums are often true. But in this case, there is a prior thread containing 1379 posts regarding an ongoing battery drain issue that was supposed to be fixed by this update. All those frustrated users are connected to the forum already and might well come back and post about it if the firmware update solved their problem. We've seen maybe two people who've done that - out of all the people who had a pre-existing issue.

From these forums, I've seen feedback about undesirable changes to graph formats following updates to the app, and now problems due to the firmware update. And no acknowledgement or apologies from Fitbit. My charge 5 is working fine at the moment. I like how the app displays the data I'm interested in. Do you think I am going to risk updating either the app or the firmware? Not on your life!

Best Answer

I bought a Charge 5 after my Charge 4 died. It would not hold a charge out
of the box. They sent me another one. I gave grace. I’ve used this one for
3.5 months 24/7 unless charging. They are sending me a new one after they
killed mine with the update goat rope. Should this one fail, I’m done with
Fitbit.

I have not received my replacement yet. I’ll post when I do

Best Answer

These are the 3 new clock faces that should become available in the fullness of time according to https://blog.fitbit.com/new-features-luxe-charge-5/ :

PRT940_0-1659402785293.png

*Yawn*

Best Answer

Those are the new clock faces??? There is a whole thread in the suggestions section of this forum asking for clock faces that display more stats. These offerings are just an insult.

Best Answer

Apparently only the first TWO are for the Charge 5; the third one is for the Luxe.  😐 From the article... 

What’s new?

Both Luxe and Charge 5 users will be able to switch it up with two new beautiful clockfaces called Bloom, plus an additional chic clockface for Luxe.  Check them out here:

SLW422_1-1659405092613.png

Thanks, @PRT940 .   "YAWN" is correct. 

Best Answer

Wow those are the faces we’re waiting for?? And they couldn’t add the 3rd to the charge 5?? Wow

Best Answer

After firmware update (which the app prompted me to do twice) battery drains from 100% to zero within an hour!!

Used to stay charged for the whole week.

This is unacceptable. Did Fitbit test the update at all before rollout???

i purchased my charge 5 in April 2022.

Best Answer

I think the same happened to mine, but it won't even turn on now.  Are you experiencing the same issue?

Best Answer

Great reply 

Best Answer