Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

So... is a 7-day (and counting) delay from firmware announcement to actually getting it a normal rollout timeframe? Or am I not getting it because it's so apparently problematic? 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree 100%. They caused this. They need to make it right by all harmed.
Do you know if any other tracker watch they sell have this level of
complaints?
Best Answer
ok. But, everything worked prior to the update notice, The update did not
download and nothing would sync. restarting the app got the sync to work
and everything is ok but after reading all the comments in the update
notice post, I am absolutely terrified to install the update.c
colleen
Best Answer
I would be too. My tracker stopped working on 18 July. The battery drained
in 30 mins every charge. So was told the update would fix it. Therefore I
felt I had to try. If my watch was still working as advertised, and I read
all the comments of problems, I would have carried on as I was. No update
needed. I never changed the watch face anyway so that was a non-issue for
me.
Best Answer

In view of the comments above,Is there ANY reason I should install this update when my NEW Charge 5 works just fine?

colleen

Best Answer
I am so sorry for you. I am grateful that the update did not work for me.
Restarting the app fixed the sync issue so everything is good now. I have
no intention of installing this update. What is everyone else doing? This
is a brand new device. Why am I dealing with this?
colleen
Best Answer
IMHO —-NO. Don’t “fix” what ain’t broken
Best Answer

Lucky you. Mine doesn't even have the green light on the back! I'm switching brands asap.

Best Answer

@colleenscharge5 I am not risking it either. My battery life is not as good as advertised but I don't have the rapid drain problem plaguing other people, so I don't want to take the chance of wrecking something that works reasonably well. I do really like the tracker and prefer that it continues to function.

Best Answer
what is wrong with this company? i paid a lot of money for the charge 5.
Best Answer

Hi, mine worked well. And battery life (which was already ok but not great) has improved.

I don't see new watch faces though

Cheers

Best Answer

The new update completely messed up my Fitbit. It was working fine until the update completed. Now the screen is fuzzy and vibrating. The Fitbit keeps cycling itself off. 

Best Answer

I have installed the update and it has finally resolved my Bluetooth/sync issues. 

I’ve not noticed any issues with battery life. Everything seems to be working great. 

however I don’t see any new clock faces. 

Best Answer

I charged it to 100% at 4:18pm. It is now 9:44pm and the battery is down to 12%. Around 5pm, I turned off all notifications and uninstalled every possible app I could. I was not experiencing this battery drain before the update. My Fitbit basically needs to be charged every 4-5 hours now and I don’t have time for that. It used to last for days now it’s just a brick.

Best Answer
Thank you. I am totally new to this. Nothing about this new firmware
release inspires any confidence in this company.
Best Answer

I'm not impressed and frankly I'm very angry. Ive had it less than a year. Did the installation as instructed and at first it seemed ok, but the following day starting misfunctioning. I tried restarting my phone, after which all I got was the logo. Today the screen is black. It had been fully charged. Can't do any of the reset ideas which require a cable with a button and none of mine have a reset button. I've ordered yet another new cable so will try it when it arrives but I'm not hopeful. On the app on my phone it's still stuck on yesterday and hasn't updated to today. I'm not impressed and don't know where to go from here. If reset doesn't work, then what? I can't afford to get a new one without a refund and frankly this experience has put me off Fitbit. Who's to say it wouldn't happen vwith a new Fitbit? I thought the charge 5 was the latest model but it's not fit for purpose.

Best Answer

Well said!!! Mine is no longer working. I'm upset and angry. Just not fit for purpose. 

I'm really angry about mine. Still hoping it will start to work but I'm not hopeful. I want my money back.

Best Answer

Watching your post any any replies with interest. So many people seem to have problems with this effing update. Who's to say it won't be the same with a replacement?

Best Answer

Hi David. Can you post images of the new watch clocks? and how many are there?

Best Answer

Hey, came on to say that I also don’t have any new watch faces! 

The current ones are mostly meh, and was really excited to see the new update would come with new ones. But now I can’t seem to find any on the app. 

(has anyone seen the new faces??!!??)

anyway, hope this is fixed soon! 

…otherwise, I’m very much enjoying my tracker!

Best Answer
0 Votes