Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Firmware (vers. 171.50) Bricked my Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I should have learned my lesson about Fitbit's firmware from my Ionic battery life going from 4 days to 24 hrs... The latest firmware I downloaded to my Charge 5 drained my battery from 100% to zero. Now my Charge 5 can't be charged, can't change my clock face, and is now useless. I won't be wasting any more money on this company. I thought with Google buying Fitbit customer service would be better. However, customer service is clueless and offers no help whatsoever. Wish Fitbit did more testing before releasing these useless updates or is this their way for you to spend more money?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Since the update mine is screwed too

Best Answer

Same here…the last two updates trashed my Charge 5.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue of battery draining after Charge 5 firmware upgrade. The battery went from 100% to 6% within 10 hours without doing anything.

I think the development and QA teams have severe problems with their firmware upgrade. Don't they test it before rollout for production upgrade?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. I paid for premium. They weren't even surreptitious. It would have been more natural to make it steadily decline, but in their haste and greed they prematurely shot their load and hoped we wouldn't notice. I noticed. You noticed. We all notice these fake updates to brick out devices. Garmin looks great.

Best Answer

Anyone got an update on this ?? It is out of warranty and the only this Customer Support (which sucks) can do is offer a 25% coupon to buy another one... What makes them think i will buy another one if the product goes under in 18 months...

Even if they fix (hopefully) with a firmware update - since the charge-5 is bricked - we may not be able to update with the latest firmware...

Best Answer
0 Votes