Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No exercise bicycle, so i use "treatmill". Any tips or suggestions?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use an exercise bicycle that displays calories burned, but I can't add it to my Fitbit because it's incredibly inconvenient. Even if I manage to add it by manually entering that I used a bike, it doesn't add the calories that were clearly shown when I entered them. I paid for this product so that it would track automatically without me having to deal with all of this. It's faster for me to write and do simple math on a piece of paper than to add it on the Fitbit app.

Today, I decided to try using a treadmill, and sure enough, while it doesn't count any steps (which I don't even care about), it starts counting calories burned once my heart rate goes over 110. And as an exemple, my exercise bicycle said i burned around 60 calories, so did fitbit (treatmill). Now it's 250+ calories burned on both. So as far as i can tell, this option is perfect. (click on charge 5 - > exercise - > treatmill) 

I wanted to know if anyone knows if there is anything else i need to be aware of, different methods or options (again, I only care about calories burned and not steps and such) 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner   Please use the Spinning shortcut for any indoor exercise bike.  If you need help editing or arranging your shortcut list to add Spinning, please watch this video.  @Heather-S is using a Charge 3.  The directions are the same for your Charge 5 and any Fitbit that has its exercise shortcut list on the Fitbit app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@SunsetRunner   Please use the Spinning shortcut for any indoor exercise bike.  If you need help editing or arranging your shortcut list to add Spinning, please watch this video.  @Heather-S is using a Charge 3.  The directions are the same for your Charge 5 and any Fitbit that has its exercise shortcut list on the Fitbit app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you!

I forgot to mentioned: the reason why i did this was because customer service told me there is NO option for exercise bicycle and i need to submit a request for it. 

Yet it exist! 

Best Answer

Update days later

I returned fitbit and got a gamin

The more i use garmin, there more I realise how rigit and poorly fitbit is made. No paid subscription either. Sort and customise most that it has....

Best Answer
0 Votes