Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option for "Shoveling Snow" on my Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Mowing the lawn is an exercise choice I use during the appropriate season. Why is there no "Shoveling Snow"? Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @Caroline7864. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about.

All the exercise shortcuts that you will find in the Exercise section are specifically designed to track the most out of each type of activity. The algorithms have been fine tuned to get more accurate data for each different exercise so that's the reason why there is a category for each.

When a specific exercise is not available within the exercises we offer, we suggest to use "Workout" (which is a generic catch-all for other types of exercise). Once you finish the activity, you can rename the activity to desired exercise/activity. Please note that the amount of calories burned vary from the exercise you're performing and due to the heart rate tracked by your Charge 5.

Note that the information to enter will change depending on the nature of the exercise. To give you an example, if you change from "Workout" to "Shoveling Snow", it won't remove the calories but will add distance as the main stat to be displayed, this happen depending of the activity you are categorizing. However, the data already tracked will be still counted for your daily totals.

For more information about how to do so, see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer