Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications are not coming through my Charge 5

ANSWERED

I can not get notifications on my watch anymore, but can still get call coming through. I have tried uninstalling, force stops, enabling everything allowed on my phone, turning off Sleep/DND, etc, but still I get this message.

"Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker." 

It's been like this for ages now. I was hoping it would sort out in time with updates etc, but I'm getting to the point of thinking of changing. I rely on these notifications coming through, due to no phone allowed where I work.

Please help. TIA

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Shaz1542. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 5 is still not receiving notifications. I understand where your concern is coming from, I will do my best to help you with this!

To better assist you, may I know if you're using an Android phone? If so, since I don't know the model of your phone, I'd like to provide the following steps (they will vary depending of the model of your phone):

1. On your phone, open the Settings app > Apps and notifications > Apps.
  2. Tap Fitbit > Battery.
  3. Turn off the Power-intensive prompt option.
  4. Tap Launch.
  5. Turn off the Manage automatically option, and turn on the Auto-launch, Secondary launch, and Run in background options.
  6. Tap OK.

Note that you may see a message on your phone related to power consumption and apps scanning in the background. If you follow the steps in this message, the Fitbit app can’t run in the background and certain features may not work properly. Repeat the steps above to enable the Fitbit app to run in the background.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @Shaz1542. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 5 is still not receiving notifications. I understand where your concern is coming from, I will do my best to help you with this!

To better assist you, may I know if you're using an Android phone? If so, since I don't know the model of your phone, I'd like to provide the following steps (they will vary depending of the model of your phone):

1. On your phone, open the Settings app > Apps and notifications > Apps.
  2. Tap Fitbit > Battery.
  3. Turn off the Power-intensive prompt option.
  4. Tap Launch.
  5. Turn off the Manage automatically option, and turn on the Auto-launch, Secondary launch, and Run in background options.
  6. Tap OK.

Note that you may see a message on your phone related to power consumption and apps scanning in the background. If you follow the steps in this message, the Fitbit app can’t run in the background and certain features may not work properly. Repeat the steps above to enable the Fitbit app to run in the background.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much.

I do have an Android, but couldn't find all the stuff you mentioned after battery, so I decided to turn battery saver off and selected no restrictions. (which says basically the only option it gave me after battery). 

It's now working better than ever. Not only an I getting texts again, but also WhatsApp, Ring and other app notifications, which I've never gotten before.

Thank you 
Best Answer

@Shaz1542 You're very welcome!  I'm glad to hear that the steps provided did the trick. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes