Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about ECG App in Europe

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I'm looking to replace an old fibit and I'm interested in de ECG App for the Charge 5. 
The marketing around this is not entirely clear for me Irregular Rhythm (fitbit.com)

Do I understand it correct that notifications (continuous monitoring) is only available in the US? 

This continuous monitoring actually monitor while sleeping and in rest. 

But in Countries specifically listed under the charge 5, I can manually start the ECG app and take an ECG. 
So in those countries, I'll still be able to see the ECG chart as a report and the fitbit will still give an estimate whether or not it's a "normal" result?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @finalbeta and welcome to the Community.  The ECG app and the Irregular Rhythm Notifications are two different features.  What you wrote appears correct.

• The Charge 5 (and Sense) have the hardware to run a 30 second Lead I ECG.  It gives you an immediate analysis: normal sinus rhythm, atrial fibrillation, inconclusive.  You can download and save the actual trace.  You can email it to your doctor.  You can verify the country list here. 
  • The Irregular Rhythm Notification uses the LED optical heart rate monitor.  It is available on many devices (no special hardware required).  It analyses heart rate when you are at rest and sleeping.  It will notify you after the fact with a banner on your Today screen on your mobile app -- there is an image of it on my link.  It is only available in the US.

Both of these features are medically regulated.  The needed US Food and Drug Administration for release in the US.  They need approval by the equivalent regulatory body in other countries for release.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @finalbeta and welcome to the Community.  The ECG app and the Irregular Rhythm Notifications are two different features.  What you wrote appears correct.

• The Charge 5 (and Sense) have the hardware to run a 30 second Lead I ECG.  It gives you an immediate analysis: normal sinus rhythm, atrial fibrillation, inconclusive.  You can download and save the actual trace.  You can email it to your doctor.  You can verify the country list here. 
  • The Irregular Rhythm Notification uses the LED optical heart rate monitor.  It is available on many devices (no special hardware required).  It analyses heart rate when you are at rest and sleeping.  It will notify you after the fact with a banner on your Today screen on your mobile app -- there is an image of it on my link.  It is only available in the US.

Both of these features are medically regulated.  The needed US Food and Drug Administration for release in the US.  They need approval by the equivalent regulatory body in other countries for release.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you @LZeeW , this answer makes it perfectly clear to me. 

Best Answer