Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for those using Fitbit Charge 5 for weight training at the gym

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys. So usually when I am between at the gym and I work on something, after finishing a set of repetitions, I usually wait for my breath to normalize a bit until I go again.

Sometimes, I may wait not enough or wait maybe a bit too much.

I wonder, what can I look after on my Fitbit Charge 5 to determine when it would be appropriate to begin the next round of repetition (eg chest bench)?

Is it the heart rate? To wait for it to come down to a certain number? Or should I just follow my breath? Please provide some tips for those who do weight training, tyvm !

BTW fitbit is pretty awesome, but I'm just day 1... now am waiting for 2 cool stylish nylon bands to arrive from China.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

HR isn't great indicator of rest for weight training. I do it by feel (or simply, by RPE). Usually, I wait first minute and judge whether I'm rested enough for the next set. The HR may drop within a few seconds but that doesn't mean you are ready for next set. Also, it depends on exercise, on the way you execute it etc. For some sets you will need more rest, for other less. Just find that sweet spot when you're rested but not cooling down. Watch won't tell you that. It's something you have to figure out yourself.

Best Answer
0 Votes