Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit recorded activity category to a custom created one on Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 5 why can I sometimes change an activity category to a custom one created and sometimes not? Fitbit App

Moderator edit: edited title to clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello, @phaskitt Nice to see you around.

Thanks for letting me know about this situation when you can change the activity category on your Charge 5. This will depend on the exercise that has been recorded, you can edit, start and end times, distance covered, and calories burned.

This means, not all the exercises recorded will allow you to edit them, my best recommendation would be always record it manually from the beginning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Chris:

I'm not sure what you mean by manually, so, let's be specific:

1. I created an activity Exercise Bike

2. Fitbit doesn't allow created activities to be added to activity shortcuts

So,

When I start an exercise bike workout, wearing by Charge 5, what steps should I take on my Charge 5?

Thanks,

Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes

Chris:

I guess by manually you mean I can't use my Fitbit to record Exercise Bike as an activity. I can add it manually in the app without corresponding HR info; pretty lame.

Can you tell me which Activities allow the activity category to be edited?

Thanks,

Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the latest update to the app you can no longer go in and change your activity manually. This is a terrible change to the app. I'm do a lot of jump roping and I used to be able to go in and recategorize my "workout" to jump rope after my session. But I can no longer do that. Which means I'm not able to truly track my workouts. Which sucks since FitBit is a fitness tracker. Not sure why the decision to remove that feature was made, but I've seen lots of people across these boards being pissed about it. It definitely needs to be brought back. 

Best Answer

Ya; they seem to have fixed the problem of only being able to change the Activity Category for some activities by making it mso you can't do it for any activities. It seems they make changes without knowing how the product is used.

Hopefully, the Community will respond.

Best Answer

Agree with your comment about the Charge 5 being an exercise tracker - so why does the latest app update no longer list the Average HR and Peak HR in exercise data! They are listed on your wrist when you stop your exercise!

Best Answer

Hello,

I have also noticed this issue since the latest update. It’s very upsetting because I’ve had my charge 5 for over a year and never had a problem until now.

I figure skate on a daily basis and would manually start my fitbit as a “Workout” and later update the exercise on my the App to “Ice Skating”

It would be nice to have the developers reinstate this feature this again.

Best Answer