Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchface "Hexa" Charge 5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently installed watchface "Hexa" on my Charge 5. Am I the only one whose graphical heart rate indicator is not working within this watchface? The numerical reading is fine, but the graphical indicator to the left stays at zero all the time. 😕

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Stefan | Google PE, Fitbit
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Talahthas Thank you for sharing all this information and for the screenshots provided. 

I just tested this on my Charge 5 and was able to confirm that the hexagon icons on the left do light up when looking at heart rate information. In my case, the icons would start lighting up when I exceeded 120 bpm while working out, but I won't see any icons light up if I stay below 120 bpm. Just to confirm, could you please confirm if you're also having this problem while your exercising or doing any moderate or intense activity? 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi, thank you for sharing that you've been having this issue with the Charge 5 and the Hexa clock face, @Talahthas

If possible, could you please share a screenshot of the inconvenience you mentioned with the graphical indicator? I just tried installing the clock face on my Charge 5, but I was able to see the heart rate icon and the numbers properly. 

In the meantime, please try restarting the device following the steps here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Davide,

thanks for your fast reply. As mentioned, the numerical value is displayed propperly in this watchface, but the graphical indicator stays at "zero" all the time:

PXL_20220617_192958770.MP.jpg

Other indicators, on the other hand, are working as expected:

PXL_20220617_193220068.MP.jpg

As heart rate messuring is working perfectly fine all around with my Charge 5, I assume there is a software issue with watchface "Hexa" regarding heart rate being displayed graphically.
I've tried the soft reset procedure you mentioned. But it didn't fix this issue. 😕

Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Talahthas   I gave my Charge 5 away, so I can't look at this clock face.  Is there a screenshot in the clock description that says that is a progress bar changes with heart rate?  What is it supposed to show?  I found this YouTube video describing all the clock faces.  The other stats are clearly your goal progress.  But the person who made the video wasn't wearing the device.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Inside the Fitbit app there are pictures for all of this watchface's switchable stats. Here is the one for heart rate:

Screenshot_20220618-185227.png

Best Answer

@Talahthas   Thanks for adding the screenshot.  I can't even guess what this screen is supposed to show.

@DavideFitbit   Can you find out what this screen is supposed to do?  The app screenshot doesn't show all the hexes filled.  Does this screen change with a heart rate change and how?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The graphical display obviously is supposed to show either the percentage you've reached of your set goals (for active zone minutes, distance, calories burnt and steps) or, for heart rate, should increase when your heart rate increases, what it doesn't.

Best Answer

@DavideFitbit :

Can you at least confirm that this is a general issue with this watchface?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Talahthas Thank you for sharing all this information and for the screenshots provided. 

I just tested this on my Charge 5 and was able to confirm that the hexagon icons on the left do light up when looking at heart rate information. In my case, the icons would start lighting up when I exceeded 120 bpm while working out, but I won't see any icons light up if I stay below 120 bpm. Just to confirm, could you please confirm if you're also having this problem while your exercising or doing any moderate or intense activity? 

Best Answer

@DavideFitbit Of course, I can test this. But this picture in the watchface gallery of the Fitbit app tells a differrent story:

Screenshot_20220622-191505.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavideFitbit I've just tested what you've experienced concerning the graphical display of the current heart rate. For me, the icons light up starting at 110 bpm. By the way, I've found the same behavior in watchface "Rise Up", whereas the graphical representation of the heart rate in watchfaces "Continuum" and "Target" works as expected. So there seems to be nothing wrong but rather weird.

Anyhow, thank you very much for your assistance and help! 🙂

Best Answer

@Talahthas @DavideFitbit I don't own a Charge 5 (and I'm holding to upgrade from my  Charge 4 due to lack of some important, for me, apps such as Weather and Relax) but I'm intrigued by this discussion.

I wonder if the different threshold experienced by you is somehow linked to the limits between FatBurn / Cardio and Peak heart rate zones.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes

I still think that Fitbit should change the behavior of the graphical representation of the current heart rate to a continuous display in a "common" daily range. If you are exercising, you most likely let the Charge track this exercise and don't have a regular watchface visible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Talahthas @Dopovo Thank you for sharing all your comments and experience with this. 

As you mentioned earlier, it could be useful to change the behavior of the graphical representation in some of these clock faces. I would recommend that you post this idea in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community, since this section is regularly monitored by the team of developers. Make sure to post your idea including as many details as possible so other users can vote for it and comment. 

Thanks again for all the information provided. The team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is a big part of that process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes