Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Charge 5 have music control?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was really hoping that Fitbit would have added this feature that is available and has been available on $50 bands on the market for years...

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Akore I don't believe it will.  Historically, the Charge series has not had music controls (outside of the limited Spotify controls).  That is a downgrade for me considering I like to change my music when I'm working out or running and like doing it from my Sense instead of pulling out my phone.  I don't see it listed anywhere, so I'm going to assume it doesn't have any music controls (except maybe Spotify).

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

The Charge 4 has music control with Spotify. Unfortunately I don't see it in the specifications of the Charge 5...

Universal music control would be even better.

Best Answer

Would someone from Fitbit care to comment on music control for the Charge 5?

There doesn't appear to be any information about this online...oh and not everyone uses Spotify premium so universal music control is more than overdue. I know it's not meant to be a smart watch but it's not a big ask either!

Best Answer

@Akore I don't believe it will.  Historically, the Charge series has not had music controls (outside of the limited Spotify controls).  That is a downgrade for me considering I like to change my music when I'm working out or running and like doing it from my Sense instead of pulling out my phone.  I don't see it listed anywhere, so I'm going to assume it doesn't have any music controls (except maybe Spotify).

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

It is really hard to believe in this day and age they haven't added this very important feature.... I use Sonos throughout my house and Plexamp when working outside and it is very nice to being able to control the music from which ever app I'm currently using. Most users of this type of device love to listen to music while working out and all the other manufacturers know this and have this basic control feature.... Not sure why Google/Fitbit don't realize it.

Best Answer

Nothing mentioned about music in the blog.fitbit.com

Best Answer

I found this on Android Authority (https://www.androidauthority.com/fitbit-charge-5-1203024/) but it's not specific about what music apps are supported and it's unclear what the source of their info is:

Q: Can the Fitbit Charge 5 play music?
A: The Fitbit Charge 5 can control music playing on your connected smartphone, though it does not support onboard music storage.

Best Answer

The plot thickens...according to Techradar today the Charge 5 is set to have even less music control than its predecessor. So not frustrating at all then!

If you're a Spotify Premium subscriber, you may be surprised to learn that while the Fitbit Charge 4 allows you to control your playlist from your wrist, this feature has been dropped for the Charge 5.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/amp/news/fitbit-charge-4-vs-fitbit-charge-5-what-you-need-to-know

Best Answer

So we see contradicting messages. Either the Charge 5 supports the control of Spotify or it does not control the support of any music control. 

My Versa had limited support of music storage, and could control every music or video player, as well as control the camera shutter for the camera app, all from the same music controls on the Versa. 

Ideally. All I want is the remote Start, Pause, Next Track, and Volume control for the phone. 

Best Answer

Kudos to techradar for the correct information

Best Answer

Cintrol music Fitbit Charge 5 here is a quick video I made 

Best Answer

This was very helpful. Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For Android only?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly it’s very disheartening. Company Must include it. It’s a basic feature now a days. Most prefer music during jogging or doing treadmill. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to all the new users in the Community forums. 

Thank you for taking the time to share all your feedback and comments about this feature. As you all mentioned earlier, this feature is not available with the Charge 5 for the moment. 

If you haven't done so already, please consider voting for these ideas posted in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community: 

This section is regularly monitored by the team of developers and this is always helpful to track popularity and demand over time.

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I opened the Fitbit app (iPhone) (for charge 5) and started messing with some of the settings…a dialogue box popped up asking for permission for Fitbit access to control my Apple Music. I, then, went to Fitbit in my iPhone settings…and there was the Music App clicked on. What does this mean…? I’m still not seeing anything on the actual wrist tracker.

Best Answer

@Grberkh I'm not sure, you say you where messing around with the fitbit app on your phone, saw a popup about music, then went to the settings in the fitbit app. 

Open the quick settings, if you have music, you will see the controls there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you use an iPhone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Grberkh I'm not sure who you are responding to. 

No I wouldn't get an iPhone, but music control of your phone, from the trackers side would be the same and is not availible on, as mentioned above, on the charge 5

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response and input. I was responding to your first response. I asked if you had an iPhone to see if you understood what I was initially asking. I believe it would be difficult to understand what I was talking about in my initial post if a user didn’t have an iPhone. Which, is kind of what just happened. So, I thank you for your response, and the time you took to answer but i don’t think we are understanding each other. 

Best Answer
0 Votes