Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongly drawn map with new Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I got myself a new tracker, Charge 5 last week, and an unfortunately experiencing problems in tracking my jogs. 

It has happened now twice, that when recording the exercise from the tracker, I seem to have all the details most probably correct, but the map shows the route wrong. I miss always some part from the beginning when looking at the map. The distance seems to be correctly recorded (in the map the start of the route is often close to a location where lap 1 ends).

I have in my settings dynamic GPS.

Could you advice how can I fix this problem? Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @r11na, welcome, may I suggest you review the GPS settings on your "Charge 5"? Dynamic will connect to your phone's GPS if present but default to the built-in GPS if absent. Built-in GPS has limitations due to the very small footprint of the device antenna, my preference is to always use the phone GPS, a bigger antenna and much less battery drain on your "Charge 5". You may find this article of interest How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device? , I apologise if you have already seen it.

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @Gr4ndp4 for your advice. I have always my mobile with me, and I chose to use dynamic as I understood that’s the best option (more exact than phone only, but also saving battery and helpful if in-built GPS is not working). I checked today when starting my walk, that GPS was connected, and it looks that my exercise has kilometres measured correctly but the actual route on the map starts 0,5 km after the spot where I started the exercise from my tracker. 

As a note, I could see in my tracker “GPS connected, but still the first few hundred meters of the route in the map is not recorded. Any idea how could I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @r11na , thanks for your feedback, you may have to give your GPS a little more time to settle before you trot off. As you carry your phone with you I suggest you use GPS set at "Phone" rather than dynamic.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes