Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery life suddenly changed and now won't last 1 whole day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, I have a Charge 5 that I bought in June 2022.  It was working just fine with no issues until about 1 week ago when one day it went from about 70% battery life to zero and was non-functional.  Since that day, I have had to charge it up daily and the battery life reduces very quickly and will run out before the end of each day.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  It's pretty sad that a device cannot last 15 months in this regard. Thanks!

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

My Charge 5 did the same thing - I got mine May 2022 and in the last month the battery started lasting shorter and shorter lengths of time  - now it lasts 3 hrs - very unsatisfactory life cycle for tis type of product.  

I consider this a design defect not a warranty issue.

Best Answer

yes this was a sudden change in the device battery life performance.  It was functioning "normally" with approx. 6 days battery life and then just a few days it went from 70% to 0% in less than 30 minutes.  Battery life has not lasted 1 whole day since.  I restarted the device, cleaned the contacts, etc. as per support threads (which are all a little sketchy to say the least -- akin to "when in doubt reboot").  In the end it's consistent with the lack of device quality.  The ones I have had in the past have not lasted more than 2 years.  I will not buy another Fitbit device.  

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue. Support basically told me to restart it, change all settings so nothing was auto on and there was nothing else to be done. They had no desire to listen to the fact that the settings were the same as before the update but now the battery lasts about 7 hours. 

Best Answer

The board is floating with this issue now. Apparently something happend last sunday in a silent update or something and we're all having a draining or bricked Charge 5 now 😞 

Best Answer

"The board is floating with this issue now."

Hi,

I'm curious about the context of your statement...when you say "board" are you referencing this discussion board?

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine January 2022 and it's dead since July 2023.

First I got the "draining issue" after 13 months of use and I had to charge it twice a day. One day the watch just turned black. I was able to see the data like heart rate, steps and sleep tracker throught the mobile application but cant set the watch for a workout.

Since July the watch is now not responding anymore, when I plug it there's no vibration or anything else and my phone sees it like its battery drained.

I did the "push 3 times the button on the usb plug to reset" several times without any success. I've contacted Fitbit support and they offered me 35% off for a new buy.

Well if your product cannot last more than 18 months (lots of posts here proves it) I don't see why I would spend my money again on this, even with a 35% rebate, it's just not worth it. 

I sorry to say that because at first it was working well and I've loved the look and feel of this product but for me now Fitbit = Never again.

Best Answer

my additional contact with the folks on the chat service is that my case will be referred to warranty support.  I should hear back in a few business days (we shall see!).  I don't have a lot of hope since FB are usually sticky on warranty and the 12 months limit.  

Best Answer

Here the same and its getting worse. I cant even reload. It doesnt work anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue - wont last longer than a day 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, I reached out to online support twice this week and got the standard tips of how to extend battery life. I asked if there was an update and as of Monday they told me no.

Has anyone received any confirmation of what is going on from Fitbit? Is it time to get an Apple Watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes