Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the Afib notifications real-time on Charge 6?

My mom is 72 and I wanted a wearable for her where she’d be able to track her heart sinus rhythm, sleep quality and a few other health statuses. Since she uses an Android phone the Fitbit Charge 6 seems to make a lot of sense.

I wanted to know if the irregular heart rate alert and the A-fib alerts are in real-time or only when you do the ECG tests. Also does it alert emergency contacts (for e.g. me and my sis) when it detects such an irregularity? And does it monitor blood pressure? If not the Charge 6 which other Fitbit product would do this?

Any insights would be helpful. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @d1olph sounds like you and your sister are taking good care of your mother. No Fitbit product monitors blood pressure. It can't alert anyone to any irregularities. A-fib is available on more devices than the Charge 6. My Inspire 3 would alert me should I show an indication of A-fib, but lacks the ability for me to do the ECG test. The minimum operating system for the Android phones is 9, which I have. Over time, 9 won't be supported, so you might want to make sure the phone is newer. I'm already thinking of a newer Android phone for Christmas.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@d1olph  I have some clarification for you.  By A-fib alerts, I think you are referring to the Irregular Rhythm Notifications.  They use the green LED lights and monitor background heart rate.  Alerts aren't instantaneous.  For example, my Irregular Rhythm Notifications history says I haven't received any notifications, but it was analyzed an hour ago.  The ECG app is a different feature and uses hardware to run a 30 second ECG.  So this is something that the user does on their own.

There is no way for any Fitbit to contact other family or emergency contacts.  @Odyssey13 is correct, no Fitbit measures blood pressure.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Just to expand on the previous responses.  If you are in the U.S., there is currently NO wrist worn tracking device, phone, etc. that has been approved for blood pressure monitoring.  

Best Answer
0 Votes