Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Fitbit Charge 6 band seems very weakly attached

I just brought home my brand new Charge 6 after my charge 4 suddenly died.

I’m a bit perplexed by the band and wondering if I have a defective unit. I had my Fitbit charging in a portable battery and as I walked across the house the band just fell off. I reattached it and playing with it a little, it just seems to fall of with just a small tug if I am pulling it from the side.

I have it on my wrist now, but I’m afraid this band is going to fall off every night when I sleep and every time I take the thing off before showering. Do I have a defective unit? Isn’t it supposed to latch and be released by pushing a button? I’m quite perplexed here and trying to figure out if I should go to Best Buy and get a replacement.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Hello @farmcamp 

If the bands that came with your Charge 6 don't stay attached, that indicates to me that the latching mechanism on your device is likely defective. You should contact Fitbit support (<-- click link).

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a charge six and it sends to have the saved issue.  The band will not stay attached. Mine cubes loose on both sides.  Sometimes it comes apart green both sides at once, randomly falling off my wrist, literally.  

It seems to be a design flaw.

I wonder if I can glue it in place?  Has anybody tried? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit doesn’t seem to care. They sent me a new watch (no band) and it’s the same. I tried to reach out, but have not heard anything. I’m getting a garmin. Since google took over, they don’t seem to care about the product anymore. All support calls go to overseas call centers. They’re built for dispose.

Best Answer

We all need to start filing Better Business Bureau complaints against this company making them be responsible for the trash they are selling us. When you have a issue you have to deal with representatives from foreign countries that you can't understand what they are saying, and they are extremely rude. I spoke with this lady Grettel who was supposed to be a supervisor. She was very rude and she talked so fast you couldn't comprehend anything she was saying. This has been the absolute worse service I've had from Fitbit. I just ordered this watch the beginning of the year and it's not working in less than two months. 

Best Answer

I would say that if it dies, then you would be able to look  at your account since you can also link 1 device per account. Please take note of that. Thank you.

--------

I don’t know what you’re talking about. But whatever I understand, I may try my best.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I almost lost the "pebble" (the actual Fitbit) yesterday when it flew off. It's really frustrating and I've reported it and am waiting for a response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree totally and I'm sad because I have loved my Fitbits in the past but at this rate, I won't be buying another one. It is an issue, obviously, with the watch itself and not the band(s). Maybe that's why they had the new Charge 6 on sale for a while...they knew there was a problem and sold them at a cut rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has the same issue. I never felt worried about my charge 4 like I do my charge 6. I would swim and be outdoors with it like nothing. Now I'm worried every 2 seconds. They do have full protection bands like this https://a.co/d/gf3KA1d that give me a peace of mind but I wish they made these in cuter/daintier styles. Need band manufacturers to see we need help here, there's a way to make the watch still great with the defect. (such an annoying defect on a SPORT watch?)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am convinced that Google (who bought FitBit) is making the "pebbles" so that only their bands will stay attached. I have tried so many other bands that worked with my Charge 5 and should still work with my Charge 6 but they fall off. The only one that will stay on at all is the original. So to solve this problem, you have to buy their bands, which I hate because there is no variety in look or design. I think it's intentional. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think your right!!
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and was also

thinking of just gluing the strap. Did you already do it? How was it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received my Charge 6. I thought I had a bad one as my band would not stay connected. A google search led me here. I would push each band end into the watch part and they would easily disconnect. That is until I pushed them in using a lot of pressure. I even heard one click as the clasp tab seated properly. Worth a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes