Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can stride length be adjusted on Charge 6?

ANSWERED

Can stride length be adjusted on charge 6

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes. This is how you do it on the Android app. Once on the main page of the app, tap on your profile picture and choose Fitbit Settings. Then tap Activity & Welness. From there tap Exercise and then Stride Length. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Yes. This is how you do it on the Android app. Once on the main page of the app, tap on your profile picture and choose Fitbit Settings. Then tap Activity & Welness. From there tap Exercise and then Stride Length. 

Best Answer
Thanks, found it. Must admit I didn't scroll down far enough.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dsudds and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit uses an accepted formula to estimate stride length from height.  It works for most users, unless there is something about the way you walk or run that is far from average.  If you don't mind me asking, why do you think you need to adjust your stride length?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have walked the same pre-measured path for nearly 18 years and have had a few trackers over most of this time. The round trip has been just a little over 4.2 miles. With my new charge 6 it reads 3.87 for the same path. The charge 6 seems to work off of GPS so I'm thinking it is not accurate. If anything, I was thinking that over the years as I age, pace and stride would actually be lower and should have increased the distance. Just looking for a happy medium for my own knowledge.

Thanks for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dsudds   Your Charge 6 will use the GPS mapped distance when you use GPS.  GPS doesn't have pinpoint accuracy.  Under ideal circumstances, your actual position is within about 6 feet from your mapped position.  This is why you can walk the same route many times and get different distances.  My husband and can walk side by side with identical Fitbits and get two different distances.

Your Fitbit doesn't use your stride length to calculate distance when you use GPS.  You are right when you say that age and pace can change your stride length.  If you really want to check the distance, make sure you don't use GPS.  Then you will get a steps x stride length distance.  Then decide if you want to change your stride length.  Fitbit steps are estimates.  You can get a different step count walking the same route every day.  My happy medium is that I don't try to micromanage Fitbit details.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

How can you change stride length on an iPhone, have also tried on desktop.

all that happened was I went round and round in circles! (If only I could add those steps to my daily count!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Apatura. I'll be happy to assist with your stride length query. 

After you track a run with GPS, your stride length updates automatically. For best results, run at a comfortable pace for 10 minutes or more. For more information, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

You can also measure your stride length manually and add it to your Fitbit account.

How do I measure my stride length? 

1. Go to a place where you're sure of the distance, such as a track.
  2. Count your steps as you walk or run, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the distance traveled (in yards or meters) by the number of steps you took to determine your stride length. If needed, convert your stride length into inches or centimeters.

How do I add my stride length to my Fitbit account?

Fitbit app
  1. Tap the Today tab

, and then tap Exercise days.
  2. Tap Menu

Activity settings

Stride Length.
  3. Adjust your stride length.
fitbit.com dashboard
  1. From the fitbit.com dashboard, click the settings icon 

Settings.
  2. Click Personal Info.
  3. Under Advanced Settings, find Stride Length and click Edit.
  4. Click Set Your Own and adjust your stride length.
  5. Click Submit and sync your device.
Best Answer