Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Pace Categories

i took my first run with my new Fitbit Charge 6. I used it with the internal GPS tracker (without having it connected to my phone) to see how it would perform. Overall good tracking for all parameters. 
when reviewing the activity on the Fitbit app, I see the pace mapped out on my run is in 3 distinct categories (slow, medium, fast) but they do not correspond to my definition of slow, medium and fast. Is there anyway to tweak the threshold for the pace distinction? 
thanks to anyone who answers ❤️

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @TimmyTee , I believe these are relative rather than absolute measures, so they cannot be tweaked.  Sections where you ran the fastest are marked fast, and likewise medium and slow.  They would be different for each run and based on your own pace.  I hope that makes sense!  Welcome to the forums.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Understood! I’ll see how it behaves over different runs then. Thanks for your response!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TimmyTee there is no good explanation of what this type of map means. I think, it is relative pace to your average (average may be also so range), so slow is under your average and fast is over your average. As a runner, I find this map useless and rather have a pace heatmap (also relative to average pace on this run but with much higher resolution) which could help to see pacing trends on certain segments (so see it in the context of hills, weather, surfaces, or simply duration and fatigue). The slow, medium, fast tells me nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes