Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 6 ECG Error

ANSWERED

Hi 

i’ve set up the ECG on my app (iPhone) but everytime I try to take a reading on my Charge 6 it says error and asks me to reopen the app. When I do this and try to open the Charge 6 it I get the same thing! I can’t find the answer anywhere as to what is up! 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the community forums @LimeyCanadian.

Thank you for sharing the inquiry regarding the ECG app. Sorry to know the difficulty. 

Please give a try to the following steps:

1. Uninstall the ECG app from your Charge 6.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and restart your tracker.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  4. Install the ECG app one more time and make sure the permissions are enabled.
  5. From the You tab in the Fitbit app, find the ECG tile in the Health assessments section. Tap Set up and follow the instructions.
  6. Try taking a reading one more time and see how it goes.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the community forums @LimeyCanadian.

Thank you for sharing the inquiry regarding the ECG app. Sorry to know the difficulty. 

Please give a try to the following steps:

1. Uninstall the ECG app from your Charge 6.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and restart your tracker.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  4. Install the ECG app one more time and make sure the permissions are enabled.
  5. From the You tab in the Fitbit app, find the ECG tile in the Health assessments section. Tap Set up and follow the instructions.
  6. Try taking a reading one more time and see how it goes.
Best Answer

That’s brilliant it’s got it working,?thank you so much 😊

Best Answer

I was having the same issue and tried all the below and none of it worked. What did work was turning WiFi off on my phone and then trying again on the Fitbit. It finally found my phone. Stupid, but worked.

Best Answer

Hello @Faffingabout 

I've seen other users report that they had to turn WiFi off on their phone, then back on for their Fitbit to connect with the app. However, this step is not included in the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Thank you for sharing that this worked for you. Your tip may help others dealing with a similar issue.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer