Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Anyone Get An Update?

ANSWERED

Yesterday when I was using my Fitbit Charge 6, it was lagging a bit, so I went into the Fitbit app and it said "Update Required". I did the update and did not notice any differences at all. Did anyone else get this update and did they notice any new features. Please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@DramaQueenDiva there was a quiet update in December. I received it, too (check FW version of your Charge 6, if it ends with 202.94 then you also got it). Fitbit never made announcement about it and not sure if everyone received it. The only noticable change is that now top field of exercise screen shows time of day. See below. Left is previous firmware, right is the new "quiet" firmware:

pixlr_20231213191903966.jpg

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

What FW version are you on now? Some users received an update (including me) some time ago, but Fitbit never went official with it (no announcement here). My current FW is 202.94.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you check this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open the Fitbit app (Android, on iOS it may be something different, I don't have an iOS app), tap the battery indicator, then tap the Charge 6 tile. You will see the firmware version at the top of the page. It's longer than what I pasted, I just took two last chunks of version number as this is where firmware will likely differ.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the help! My firmware version is 202.94 as well!

----

Did you notice any differences?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. One is that it changed the top field in the Exercise app to the time of day for all (or almost all? didn't check everything) types of workouts. Before it was total distance when running, calories when tracking Workouts, etc. Change for the worse. I'd rather be able to see distance without tapping through the screen than the time of day 🤷

Best Answer

Anyone else get this update and notice anything new? Please let me know if you did! Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes

This version's actually been out a little while, and yes - the top-of screen field has changed for all the exercises I've looked at, too - Run, Walk, Rowing Machine, Workout, Weights, Skiing, Spinning.

I disliked it so much that I made this feature suggestion: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Allow-users-to-choose-top-of-screen-metric-for-Exer... 

Please vote! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@john123john are you talking about a firmware or software update?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm pretty sure firmware. Not completely sure though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If there was a pink banner at the top of your Dashboard on the app that prompted you to update your device, that was a firmware update.  If you just updated the app through your app store, that was a software update.

Mine is currently not charged, so I can't verify if I got the update now or not.  Usually updates are rolled out in batches, so not everyone gets the update all at once.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep it was a firmware update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DramaQueenDiva there was a quiet update in December. I received it, too (check FW version of your Charge 6, if it ends with 202.94 then you also got it). Fitbit never made announcement about it and not sure if everyone received it. The only noticable change is that now top field of exercise screen shows time of day. See below. Left is previous firmware, right is the new "quiet" firmware:

pixlr_20231213191903966.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Triletics The update was just rolled out to me, I'm updating now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, I didn't know that they changed this. Thanks for letting me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DramaQueenDiva first mention of the update appeared here on November 30. Still no official release post from Fitbit 🤷

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, , I got an update yesterday and it’s killed my Charge 6, again! Carried out all the usual reset, press charge cable button, delete app, reset etc. dead in the water. This is a replacement Charge 6 because this same thing happened to the last one! Hopping mad right now! 

Best Answer