Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 6 keeps losing Bluetooth connection with iPhone

ANSWERED

Hi, I've just got the new charge 6 for nearly 3 weeks now. Previously I had charge 2 and 4. It's a nice upgrade from 4 however the bluetooth connectivity is horrendous! Once a week I get a message to "Forget This Device" from the bluetooth list and pair it again with my iPhone (12 mini). This is such an inconvenience and I never had this issue with my charge 2 and 4. Is there any software update to resolve this issue? Thanks

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42
I am on the iPhone 15 Pro.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

iphone 14,  version 20001.202.94,  daily disconnects from iphone as per all comments listed above.  ridiculous that this continues to occur.

Best Answer

Fitbit app version 4.12, iPhone SE (2022) on iOS 17.3.1

Best Answer

Hi there, I’m having exactly the same random loss of connectivity with my Charge 6, initially on my iPhone 11 and now on my new 15 Pro. 
iOS 17.4.1

thanks

Rachael

Best Answer

Agreed. Charge 6 does not stay connected to Bluetooth and it is SO ANNOYING! Never had this issue with my Charge 2. Huge inconvenience and unacceptable for the price point of the product. 

Best Answer

I completely agree! My charge 2 finally gave up a couple of months ago and I never had a single issue with it. 

Best Answer

Completely agree. Very aggravating.

Best Answer

Hello

can you confirm that you’ve raised a ticket or similar and that you’re actively looking into this problem?

i find it wholly unacceptable that there is a community of Fitbit users who are not getting the functionality we paid for and expect, with no resolution in sight. 

Please provide an update. 
Thanks

Rachael 

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 14 version iOS 17.3.1 and my Bluetooth disconnect a few times daily. Very inconvenient and aggravating. Never had problems at all with charge 2, charge 3 and charge 4. Did all the steps multiple times suggested by Fitbit and nothing worked. Very frustrating. Fitbit - we need a solution now please! 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I have an iPhone 13 with the latest iOS version 17.3.1 and latest version of the Fitbit app. I never had this issue with any of my other Fitbit devices. This is very frustrating because I hardly ever get my call and text notifications. It disconnects from Bluetooth even when I’m right near my phone. 

Best Answer

I’ve had the same problem. All firmware and iOS updated. Every troubleshooting step taken. Device replaced once. Bluetooth connection randomly drops at least daily, sometimes more than once a day. Forgetting the device and reconnecting the Bluetooth connection is not the right answer. Fitbit needs to take this issue seriously. 

Best Answer

Version 20001.202.94 for my Charge 6. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI, I have the same problem of losing bluetooth connection between my charge 6 and my Pixel 4 android phone. This only started around the beginning of March.The current app version is 202.94. Android is version 14. In my case the problem seems to occur when recharging overnight or when not in contact with the phone for several hours. There is no obvious warning that the Charge 6 has permanently stopped syncing but the Charge 6 data and the phone app data do not match with the app data being incomplete and heart monitoring etc stops. It is very difficult to reconnect the 2 devices by bluetooth. I have to uninstall and reinstall the app, restart the Charge 6 using its settings menu, and then try to pair the 2 devices using the Android bluetooth pairing setting but this often fails. Once paired I can sync the data by using the top left icon in the phone app or I think also by pulling down the app quickly on the phone screen. The problem seems to be a manufacturer's fault. Android phones normally remember bluetooth devices so the Fitbit Charge 6 should automatically reconnect. But as far as I can tell the Charge 6 device gets removed from the phone's memory of the device - I noticed that the device was not listed under bluetooth devices when the connection was lost. But I am not an expert. Please can Fitbit resolve.

Best Answer

I bought the Fitbit Charge 6 recently and I have the same issues. I use iPhone 12 mini it’s the newest iOS and Fitbit firmware updates. Is there any progress on this issue? The tracker is not usable for me at the moment.

Best Answer

Same issue! One of the main reasons I like a smart watch is for the notifications and 80% of the time it’s not even connected. Or it’s connected but I’m still not receiving any notifications. Never had a problem with my Fitbit 4. If I would’ve seen this before I purchased, I would’ve gotten something else. If anyone asks for recommendations, it’s a no on the Fitbit 6 from me. #livingwithregrets

Best Answer
Still same issue for me. No progress.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues iPhone 13, latest IOS Software and Charge 6 has latest firmware update.    Love how this forum is showing answered when everyone is still saying the "Best Answer" post does not work. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same as everyone else here - this did not correct the issue. I have had my Fitbit Charge 6 for less than a week and am extremely unhappy about this issue. Thank goodness I purchased via Amazon so I can return it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn’t help. Should not be marked as answered.

Best Answer

iPhone 14 Pro - iOS 17.4.1

Charge 6 - version 2001.202.94

Fitbit app - 4.15

This happens constantly - pretty much every morning I have to go in and manually reconnect my Charge 6 to my phone. Completely defeats the purpose of getting this device!

Best Answer