Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update sucks!

What the heck is this new update?  It took away so much sleep data information.  Is it just me that hates this format?

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

It is not just you...I hate it too.  I want all of my sleep data information back.

Best Answer

Hello @CindyFair & @JennBSLP 

All your sleep data should be available in the updated Sleep section. There is a known bug for the Benchmark section that the Fitbit team is working on fixing.

What information are you looking for? We will help you navigate to it.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
Thanks! I like to keep track of my restorative sleep and liked the ability
to see the times when that that occurred during the night. Now I am just
told that the score is a 14 out 25 with no details or information
Best Answer

Hi @CindyFair 

To see your restoration graph, tap on Sleeping heart rate under More about your sleep. This will open to a page with Your sleeping heart rate graph. Currently, the graph is in 2 shades of purple: medium purple for heart rate above and dark purple (almost black) for heart rate below. It will also have the bar graph showing percentage above & below, like the previous version.

From what I recently learned, the colors of this graph and the estimated oxygen variation may soon change to make it easier to see.

If there's any other information you're looking for, please let us know. I realize there's always learning curve when there are significant changes to the Fitbit app. We're here to help you.

Best Answer
Thank you for the help!! Yes it is a big change but glad to see the info
is still there. I thought I had looked everywhere. It doesn't seem as
intuitive as it used to be though
Best Answer

Hi @CindyFair 

You're so welcome. Because we were so used to seeing our sleep data a certain way, the redesign doesn't seem as intuitive as before.

We recently learned that the sleep data redesign was for Accessibility, especially for users with visual impairments. The updated sleep section is now compatible with screen readers so users who have vision issues can see their data. The sleep graph was redesigned for color blind users. That's why it was divided into the various sleep stages as opposed to the bar graphs. Apparently, color blind users weren't able to tell the which bar graph was which sleep stage.

If there's any other help you would like, let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate it too

Best Answer

Are these graphs only available with the premium subscription?  I can not find them in the non-premium app. 

Best Answer

Hello @Pud123 

Which sleep graphs are you referring to? I believe some of the graphs do require a Premium subscription.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sleep graphs you described in this reply:

"Hi @CindyFair 

To see your restoration graph, tap on Sleeping heart rate under More about your sleep. This will open to a page with Your sleeping heart rate graph. Currently, the graph is in 2 shades of purple: medium purple for heart rate above and dark purple (almost black) for heart rate below. It will also have the bar graph showing percentage above & below, like the previous version."

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG it is AWEFUL!!  The graphs, when I hit today, all run together. I can't click on each graph to get more info like we use to. I thought something was broken.  I hate the all white background with nothing to separate the graph data. I can't say enough about how horrible it is. It seems like a BETA app that has a thousand bugs.  If the Fitbit company doesn't fix this, or at the very least put it back to the way it was I sure as hell not going to continue to pay $10/month for premium. 

Best Answer

Hello @Pud123 

I think those graphs are part of the Premium subscription.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Travlnwoman 

If you are looking to see when each stage started & ended, touch and hold on that section of the sleep graph. The text above the graph will change to display the sleep stage with start & end times.

If there's other specific sleep data you're looking for, let us know. We will help you navigate to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got it figured out but it is a hot mess with one graph running into another. Hopefully you can see my screen shot here: 

Travlnwoman_2-1714339134521.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do have premium by the way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Travlnwoman 

Thank you for providing the screenshot.

What you're seeing is how the sleep stages are now presented. My sleep graph looks similar to yours. 

The graph was redesigned to separate out the different sleep stages so that they are stacked instead of bar graphs in the previous version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

they need o separate them so they don't run together and make the background a different color foe each of them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

no it's not.  that's bunk.  stop gaslighting people.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update is THE WORST. I barely bother checking my sleep data any more because it's a PITA, and that is frustrating. I hope the software engineers are taking note.

Best Answer