Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Status Indicator

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First, I love my Charge HR, but there are 2 major (in my opinion) issues related to this topic.

And I realize there are multiple topics discussing this, as well as a feature request (which I voted for, as well), though the feature request itself is now over 2 years old.

First, why is the battery status indicator NOT an option to view on the wristband itself?  The functionality is obviously there, as you can display it when it's charging... so it knows the current battery level... so why is it STILL not an option?

And related to this... though I have my account settings set to notify me both via email and via the app that my battery is low, this happens MAYBE once in every 3 or 4 times that it actually needs to be charged.  More often than not, I lift my wrist to check the time and am met with an empty battery indicator.  And occasionally, I'll actually get the notification... so I plug it in to charge, and it's over half full...

There's no need to have to open the app or log into the dashboard to be able to view an accurate representation of the current charge level.

So what gives?  There's a 2 year old feature request that seems like it would be absolutely simple to implement... yet here we are.

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

@BWright1175 Thanks for posting, and for raising a few great points. 

I don't know off of the top of my head why the battery option isn't a display face when you're cycling through the statistics. If I could guess, I imagine that it is due to the preservation of battery life. More faces might lead to a higher impact on battery life. Having the option to turn this feature on/off could be a deterrent, but I guess that's why it's a feature request.

Also, there's a few parts to the email notifications for the battery life- syncing, actual battery life, and your settings. If your battery dips under 20%, you won't receive a notification for it unless

• You're syncing semi-regularly (this is how the battery life  is updated on your Dashboard, which is what your notifications use as a point of reference for battery life).
  • Your notification settings are conducive to email reception. 

Hope this helps a bit! Thanks again for your time, and as always, I'm here for questions. 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think preserving battery life would be an issue, as you can remove screens that you don't want to see... for example, mine doesn't display floors climbed, as my day only involves one or two flights of stairs.

I do have it set to sync all day in the app, as well as the setting to always stay connected.

Notifications for low battery are set for both email and mobile.

Incidentally, I did just receive notifications before I typed this reply that my battery was low... though I checked the app before I left the house a couple hours ago and it showed medium... now after the notification it shows empty (completely skipped low).

I generally will restart it every 2 or 3 times that I hook it up to charge, and I recently did a factory reset on it, as it stopped syncing all together and the time was no longer correct (it was 32 minutes fast).

But the notification issue is not new.. it's been inconsistent since the beginning.

And I appreciate the response, but I have to ask.... are you affiliated with Fitbit aside from being a moderator here?  I only ask because I have never received a response to any questions or feedback I've submitted directly to Fitbit via the Google Play store.

I'd love to keep using it... as I said, I love the Charge HR... but the frustrations just keep adding up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

BWright1175 wrote: 

And I appreciate the response, but I have to ask.... are you affiliated with Fitbit aside from being a moderator here?  I only ask because I have never received a response to any questions or feedback I've submitted directly to Fitbit via the Google Play store.

I'd love to keep using it... as I said, I love the Charge HR... but the frustrations just keep adding up.

Are you still experiencing these issues? I think it'd be best to open an email case (if you haevn't already) so that whomever grabs your case can take a sold look at your tracker's behavior. 

Sure thing, I'm glad I was able to provide a bit of insight. I do serve a number of functions here at Fitbit (I sound like a robot), but Community moderator is the main one. We're working on ramping up mobile review support as we speak, but for the time being, I think that the means of communication found at contact.fitbit.com are the best ways to reach us. 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

All it needs is an option to display the Battery Status when you put it back on.

(After a shower or swim)

I keep getting caught out when I am way from a power source.

Best Answer

I, too, would love to have a battery status option on the actual wrist unit itself- not just when it is dead

Best Answer

@Gabbyct Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That is a great idea! Please vote for this suggestion I found on the Feature Request Board. That way we can have it implemented in the nearest future. 

See yu around! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

It's there in menu items you pick what you want to see displayed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaimemark Thanks for joining the Fitbit Community! That is correct! You can see the battery status on the menu in both the Fitbit app and the Fitbit online dashboard. However, the battery status will not show on the tracker itself! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Actually on the charge 2 which is my model. Under menu items on the app you can choose what is displayed and the order it's in very simple

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaimemark Thanks for your reply! That is correct! Since the new update you can see the battery indicator on the Charge 2 screen.

However, remember this is the Charge HR Board and to avoid any confusions I must give accurate information regarding the Fitbit Charge HR, which will not show the battery indicator on its screen!

You can always check the Charge 2 Board for more details on this tracker! 

Thanks for your awesome help! See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Drives me nuts when I don't know battery is running low without plugging into computer

Best Answer

Fitbit must have made some changes. When I am charging the Charge HR I no longer see the battery indicator. Occasionally it will appear but only briefly.

Plus the battery status on the dashboard is often wrong.

Pat

Best Answer
0 Votes

In late 2016, Fitbit finally came through and put the battery level on the device. The best explanation I found was at this link: https://blog.fitbit.com/charge-2-feature-update/

You can see the battery level on your device by following the step-by-step instructions in the article.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

In late 2016, Fitbit finally came through and put the battery level on the device. The best explanation I found was at this link: https://blog.fitbit.com/charge-2-feature-update/

You can see the battery level on your device by following the step-by-step instructions in the article.

This relates to the Charge 2. This form thread is about the Charge HR and it still doesn't have this feature. 

--Huddie; Fitbit Charge 5, firmware v57.20001.188.58; Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 F926B/DS, Android 13 OneUI 5, patch level 2022-12-01, Build Number F926BXXU2DVL9; Fitbit for Android v3.72
Best Answer
0 Votes

So does this feature has been added already or fitbit just want us (customers) to buy the HR 2? RIPPED OFF MUCH? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's still no battery meter on the Charge HR. Doesn't look like there's one on the Charge HR 2 either. Not sure about 3. Don't know why they didn't just add this in a firmware update  

--Huddie; Fitbit Charge 5, firmware v57.20001.188.58; Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 F926B/DS, Android 13 OneUI 5, patch level 2022-12-01, Build Number F926BXXU2DVL9; Fitbit for Android v3.72
Best Answer
0 Votes
This has already been fitted to the HR by upgrade. which is nice. but an
earlier reminder of state..Even a
Push button option, would be nice. Especially when you are out and about
Best Answer
0 Votes