Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I delete a portion of heart rate data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can you select a couple of hours of heart rate data and delete it off the app?
Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Sorry, no. All tracker data, once it's record d, is pretty much untouchable.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Is there any planned features to allow this?

I took my fitbit off for a while, and it somehow registered a heart rate of around 180 for about an hour. This also gave me an extra 60 min of active minutes. Would be nice to remove this.

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  I did not wear the fitbit while I slept yet it has heart rate data for the entire time.  The heart rate went up and down around 20 times, as high as 182 and as low as 68.  It has erroneously added many active minutes and calories burned to my day.  It would be great to be able to delete the heart rate data for time that I know I was sleeping.  Hopefully this doesn't keep happening as it really throws the stats off! 

Best Answer

@Ariston @Jewels4 It's great to see you both in the Community and welcome! Seems odd that your heart rate readings are inaccurate. I'd like to know if this kept happening since I would like to follow up on this. The active minutes and calories that were added extra due to the heart rate going up several times, can't be erased. However, if the issue persists, restart your trackers as advised in Alejandra's post and check out if the heart rate keeps going up and counting active minutes and calories.

Looking forward to your replies my friends and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same problem. It's throwing my stats way off. I've already reset the Fitbit and still have the same problem. It's usually when I throw it in a bag to go swim or am going to be around water. I know the hours it isn't worn. It's only been happening to me the last 2 months. Either make the Fitbit waterproof, or allow me to erase the data for the times I know I'm not wearing it.
Best Answer

I've had the same issue.. I put my fitbit in my bedside table overnight and I think perhaps the HR sensor (the green light) was reflecting off items in my drawer? Now I've burned thousands of extra calories!

Best Answer

@Crpinkley A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! Since you have reset your tracker and had no success, by any chance, is your tracker left in a place with vibrations since this could be the cause it gets data when you are not wearing it. If not, my best advice is to contact our "Customer Support" team so they can investigate further and get you back on track.

@benk747 Thanks for joining us and welcome to the Community! So sorry to hear that your Charge HR is not tracking your data properly either. I would like to know if your beside table has something else that causes vibrations, such a laptop or anything else, since vibrations might think that your tracker is worn and might track data. If not, try restarting your Charge HR as my friend Alejandra's post advises. If this doesn't work, contact our Support team as well so they can review your options.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for the quick response! I'll try resetting my Charge HR.

Thanks,

Ben

Best Answer
0 Votes

@benk747 Thanks for taking the time to restart your Charge HR! I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue could be fixed.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had this same issue today, but hasn't occured the previous two days. Thinking I might keep my charger cable in my bag and connect it. Even if it's not plugged into power it might prevent erronous heart rate readings by covering the sensor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanielleCarr It's great to have you aboard in the Community! Please restart your tracker as described in Alejandra's post. This will refresh your Charge HR internally and the issue shouldn't happen again. Once you have restarted your tracker, test its behavior for the next 48 hours and check out if the issue gets corrected.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does exact same I take it off when using laptop next thing I know my heart rate is through the roof! According to Fitbit 

Best Answer

@Jemmar It's nice to have you aboard in the Community! Have you tried restarting your Charge HR? If not, please follow Alejandra's tips in order to restart your tracker. This is a good troubleshooting steps that should fix the heart rate tracking that your Charge HR is experiencing.

Hope this helps my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So there is no update on how to delete just some data? My average resting HR is completely destroyed because it got logged as 180 one time

Best Answer

It’s done it ahain today I take it off to get in the shower leave it on the side it’s logged 200 as the max for about half an hour so it’s Thrown the data for this week now! 

Best Answer

Im impressed by fitbit how they completely ignore this problem. Dont they have a dev-team or what?

Best Answer

This has happened twice with my ionic. Can you add the option to delete the data as it is throwing off the averages. I treid resetting the ionic after the first incident and it has still done it. Looks like this issue started back in 2016 so you would have thought they would have fixed it by now.

Best Answer

Had my Fitbit Alta HR for about a week, I took it off to have a shower and came back to see it was registering a rate of over 180. The only way I could stop it was by doing a reset.

Please make a way of deleting erroneous data, it's throwing off my stats.

Best Answer

I also had this happen while I was at a festival this week - I wore my Versa on my belt as opposed to my wrist for a few hours, so it wouldn't get covered in bug spray, and it recorded a resting heart rate of 75 - and with it sitting in a bag in my tent the next day, it recorded a resting heart rate of 77 - which is nuts, because it didn't move at all.  I'd like to be able to delete the erroneous heart rate data, because this is really throwing off my average resting heart rate.  

Best Answer