Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download app from Google Play store?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all - I am so frustrated. I was given a Fitbit Charge HR for my birthday on 8th Jan - I have been trying to download the app on play store for days, but progress bar just keeps rolling and nothing downloads? Anyone else having this issue? I am sooooo disappointed - waited 6 months to get this. Will return it - absolute disaster 😞 Chrissie

Moderator edit: format and updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Have you contacted the appropriate app store to ask them what the problemi is?

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 or 4 times - I have contacted FitBit "help" - nothing back. Thanks anyway - just saw all of the recent feedback in the App Store and thought that someone might know the trick ☺
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChrissieJW1976 Welcome to our community! There should not be any problems downloading the Fitbit app from Google's Play story. You can contact them directly but before doing this make sure you have internet connection (cellular or wifi) and that you have enough space for apps as this could be the reason the app isn't downloading.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know I'm necro'n this thread but my wife and I both couldn't install from the Google Play store.  It would download, stay 'installing' but then 'error 504'.  Tried all the fixes people suggested on this forum and other places.  Wifi is working fine, 3G connection works fine, plenty of storage on internal memory and SD card, tried pushing the install from the Google Play website and we can both install other apps just fine. I could install it on my android tablet with my same Google profile just not on my phone.  Our phones are Lenovo K3 Note and my wife even had the Fitbit app installed before. 

Ended up finding the .apk file from some third party site, downloaded and installed that so now it works.  So if anyone else stumbles upon this thread with the same problem that's how we fixed it. 

Would be nice if Fitbit could provide a direct download to the .apk because it's always a little risky downloading .apk files from sites other than the developers. 

Best Answer

I think your play store is old. Please update the latest version of the play store.

Moderator edit: removed link

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I get to that 3rd party link? My google play stays "installing" or " download pending" with an up to date Google play,plenty of storage, good connection. I've waited a long time for this and it's very upsetting not to be able to get it.

@MorganMains wrote:

I know I'm necro'n this thread but my wife and I both couldn't install from the Google Play store.  It would download, stay 'installing' but then 'error 504'.  Tried all the fixes people suggested on this forum and other places.  Wifi is working fine, 3G connection works fine, plenty of storage on internal memory and SD card, tried pushing the install from the Google Play website and we can both install other apps just fine. I could install it on my android tablet with my same Google profile just not on my phone.  Our phones are Lenovo K3 Note and my wife even had the Fitbit app installed before. 

Ended up finding the .apk file from some third party site, downloaded and installed that so now it works.  So if anyone else stumbles upon this thread with the same problem that's how we fixed it. 

Would be nice if Fitbit could provide a direct download to the .apk because it's always a little risky downloading .apk files from sites other than the developers. 

gle play isn't downloading it and I've waited a long time for my fitbit.

Best Answer

I am also affected. This is terrible.

On top of the poor sync now I can't even download the app!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit all of a sudden stopped syncing to my Android Samsung Note 10  phone. So I followed all instruction to trouble shoot by turning all Bluetooth on and off, phone on and off and Versa 2 on and off. No luck. Then I uninstalled the Fitbit app and NOW

I keep trying to reinstall and Google Play gets to 100 but can't install the app. I think I may return my Fitbit (got it from Amazon) and give A LOT of detailed reviews of how bad all the UX is on this device for software and how terrible the design to make you awkwardly push the button on the far left side to do anything. This was no doubt the worst device I have ever purchased and I buy devices 

for a living. I wonder if they can make up for their crappy product with great customer support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct.  I have tried 3 times, once overnight to download the new Fitbit app.  3 days with problems, went to the AT&T store to find out if the problems was with my cell/provider, they said not so it must be on your end.  I even have a Case # 36401334.

My issue is that I'm in Central time and since I went for 2 days to Indianapolis, IN, it shows 1 hr ahead.

Once I got back, still show Pacific time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How was this issue resolved?  I'm having the same problem now.  App was working fine yesterday.  Was not working this morning, had to uninstall it, but now it will not install from the Google Pay store on my LG Q6 phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem was solved but now, and I have called about it, is that my Fitbit does not record my steps correctly.  When I called Fitbit, they indeed agreed there was a problem but it has not been solved to this date.  I have walked for hours nd it shows only like 2000 steps total.  Very wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What was the solution to get the app to download?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently they changed their rules on posting and I cant actually say how I did it... so scroll up to my 2017 post and it's explained there.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit suddenly stopped syncing with my phone.  Uninstalled the app and it will not reinstall.. have tried 4 times so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact problem.  HORRIBLE 

Best Answer

I upgraded to fitbit sense. App would not sync so I deleted app with intention to download again.... per instructions on fitbit support. Won't download past 75%. It's not my fitbit sense as my desktop will sync with it

Best Answer

SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!!  Fitbit get it together!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had similar problems with a Moto 5. Nothing worked until the phone was plugged in and over 75% charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, are we getting anywhere with this complaint?

Best Answer