Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been for the past few weeks trying to no avail to sync my charge HR. I tried all the steps recommended, I restarted, I updated, I uninstalled, I unpaired and repaired, tried on a different device (whilst it was uninstalled on my Android phone), tried also force stopping and all of that and nothing.

Last night it *finally managed to sync the steps I had at the time, but anything else was not synced (i.e hear rate, sleep, activity etc). 

The very strange thing is, that if I receive a call, the charge hr will notify me. So what could possibly be happening for it to have suddenly stopped doing everything else? This is so frustrating! 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Mine HR Did the same thing about six months ago. The way I fixed it was I’d let totally discharge it was totally dead left it off for two days. Then I was able to fully charge it and re-sync it hope this helps

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@Katinkatze Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Charge HR not syncing properly. Thanks for trying all of those steps in order to sort this out.

Have you tried turning off Bluetooth on your phone for 10 seconds and then turning it back on? This usually helps for syncing.

Also, make sure you are using a compatible mobile device to sync. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine HR Did the same thing about six months ago. The way I fixed it was I’d let totally discharge it was totally dead left it off for two days. Then I was able to fully charge it and re-sync it hope this helps

Best Answer
Yeps, tried these steps, and the mobile is definitely compatible because I
have always used it before and it has always worked perfectly... So very
frustrating...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rockychow2 It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the steps that helped you to sort this out. I'm sure this will be helpful for a lot of users. 

@Katinkatze Thanks for your reply and for trying the steps provided to sort this out. 

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Best Answer
Hey, I am already in contact with them via email, as I didn't realize that
I could do so when I posted in the community. I am waiting for the next
communication. Keeping fingers crossed we manage to find a way to get it to
work!
Best Answer

@Katinkatze Thanks for your reply and for providing those details.

No worries, it is better this way so you don't have to call/write and wait a long time. I'm glad that you are already in contact. You will notice that they will start gathering as much information as they can for them to provide the best solution available for you and that you will be back on track soon. Fingers crossed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I discharged it totally and left it for a week without charging. I also unpaired it and uninstalled all apps. Recharged, gave it a reset after recharge, and paired it just as though it was a new set up and it worked! So happy and thanks for all the suggestions 🙂

Best Answer

I am having a problem syncing my Charge HR.  It synced last night but today (I use a laptop) I am getting the message that it can't find the Charge HR. It's kind of discouraging that the recommendation seems to be to let it fully discharge for a few days up to a week and then recharge.  Are there any other suggestions?  I did turn bluetooth off and back on as suggested.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try switching the Bluetooth off and restarting the Fitbit using the cable,
then retry start them off maybe that does the trick
Best Answer
I don’t need help with my Fitbit. I was helping somebody else who is having a problem their problem has been solved with my suggestions because that’s how I had saved the same problem six months prior to this.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Katinkatze Thanks for your reply and for sharing the workarounds that helped you out to get back on track. I'm very glad to read you are now syncing properly! 

@ohiobetsy I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with syncing Charge HR.

Have you tried @Katinkatze suggestion about resetting Bluetooth? That could help you out. You can also try the steps on this help article as it has helped other users in the past to sync. 

@Rockychow2 Thanks for the help provided on this thread. If you don't wish to receive more emails about this thread please click/tap the gear icon at the top right corner of this thread and select "Unsubscribe". 

Best Answer
0 Votes

had this happen to me in june and now again for the last 4 days quite frustrating. ive done everything i am supposed to and nothing is working.

Crystal Mitchell, Keep Climbing
Best Answer
0 Votes
The way I stop the problem that I have exactly like your six months ago is

1. Let the fit bit this charge completely
2.. Let it stay discharged for two days
3.. then charge the fit bit
4.. I have the fit bit syncing with my iPhone so I removed the program completely from my iPhone.
5. Restarted my iPhone to clear out any hidden program from the Fitbit
6.. reinstalled the program onto my iPhone for the fit bit
7.. re-installed my fit bit with my iPhone and it worked
hope this helps you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks for your response I wish those steps helped......they didn't. I just want my fitbit to work. I need that motivation. I appreciate you trying to help.
Crystal Mitchell, Keep Climbing
Best Answer
0 Votes
Anything I would suggest is that you remove all applications from computer or phone or fit bit but your Fitbit completely discharged and leave it this charge for a week

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Letting it die uncharged for a couple of days is what broke mine, Jn 23 was the last sync.
Uninstalled, reinstalled app. reset on charger twice.
Will not sync. Sync scheduled is what I get.

About to throw it in the garbage and buy another.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Besides loading it on charge and sitting for a couple days you need to also an install any apps that you use the fit bit if you’re using it on your computer or your phone and they both need to be removed then you need to restart both of the applications. After the fit bit is completely charged then you need to install the apps like it’s a brand new fit bit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I reset it to factory instead.Working so far!

Best Answer

@Rockychow2 Thanks for sharing all of those steps that helped you out to get back on track. I'm sure a lot of users will find this helpful. 

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out with this. I will leave the steps for factory reset here so other users can try the same.

@PlumbeLimbsFilm I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with syncing. Also, thanks for trying the steps provided.

Are you still experiencing the same? When was the last time it synced?

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes