Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR Stuck on Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I've tried at least a dozen times to finish updating my fit bit with the help of previous community posts etc. I've decided to just restart my fit bit charge HR and erase everything completely but it will not allow me to reset, the screen is stuck updating and it's been that way for the past several days. Any tips or advice???

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

@cclaydon Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps you found on the Community. That usually helps the users.

I just want to make sure you followed the right troubleshooting steps. You can find them in this helpful article. This article will give you some specific steps, please follow them in order (If you haven't done those already).

If you already did and still nothing; the next steps is to perform a factory reset on your Charge HR and then the firmware update once again. Check the steps on this article to complete a factory reset. After this, update your tracker once again. This should certainly help you out with this.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hi, I have the same problem and I have tried both the suggestions, None of these has worked and it is still stuck on the update.

Could you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve got the exact same problem, half way through updating it froze and now it’s stuck on the update bar. I’ve tried both of the above and it hasn’t worked. 

Kelli

Best Answer

@ZLeitch @KelliMcGill Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying the workarounds I posted above.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support for both of you to get further assistance regarding this. Please keep an eye on you email inbox for next steps.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Similar situation to you 😞 hoping customer support can help !

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have got the exact same problem, half way through updating it froze and now it’s stuck on the update bar. I’ve tried both of the above and it hasn’t worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rivercity1 @RenataHeinz Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying the steps on my post above.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support for both of you too. Please keep an eye on your email inbox. 

Customer support is great and should be able to provide further steps on this.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi,

I have just got myself a Charge HR and it seems to have the same error. I haven't been able to complete the set up as the device is stuck on the half charge screen.

Please help. I have tried a reset and factory reset but no luck.

Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
Hello mine was within the warranty so actually got a new one was offered like for like or credit towards an upgrade -took several emails to get it though -good luck !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem today after not using the watch for a couple of months but now have it working. Go into your phone setting, Bluetooth, click on the ‘i’ next to charge hr and remove from device. Update will complete and watch goes back to normal. 

Best Answer

It's been 3 days and the charging is stuck at 50%. Tried doing the resets several times mentioned above without luck.  The device is bricked.

If this problem has been reported by several users or 2-3 years, why hasn't Fitbit addressed the issue by sending an email out with firmware upgrade instructions?

Best Answer

This is the correct answer. I tried everything else to the point that my finger hurts from holding down that **ahem** button. It wouldn't factory reset.

Once I had my iPhone bluetooth "forget my device," it completed the update and worked normally.

Best Answer

Thanks. I had my iPhone "forget my device" and put the device back up for charging overnight. The progress bar is still stuck at 50%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the two solutions posted and neither worked.

fitbit is still just showing the half bar and won’t update or reset.

could you give me some help please?

Best Answer

@Panyoess @squidlysquid Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you to sort this out. I'm sure a lot of users will find this helpful.

@salilpitkar @ZoeHardwick It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Charge HR stuck in mid firmware update.

Please follow the steps shown on this post. That has helped other users in the past.

Also, if you haven't done so already, please try the workaround shared by @Panyoess on her post above. You can also try the one shared by @squidlysquid above. Let me know if that helps!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Fitbit resolved my issue by shipping me a replacement device. Thanks.

Best Answer

I’ve got the exact same problem, half way through updating it froze and now it’s stuck on the update bar. I’ve tried both of the above and it hasn’t worked.

Munish

Best Answer

I got a refund(could have had same model but added to the credit to get a different model ) eventually as was less than 2years old .Took a lot of emails !

Best Answer

@Munish Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for trying the above steps in order to sort the firmware update stuck in the middle situation.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@salilpitkar @Rivercity1 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with customer support. I'm glad to read you found a solution for this situation.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer