Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR life expectancy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone please tell me what is the normal or reasonable expected life span of thr charge hr? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
50 REPLIES 50

I think it really depends on how well you take care of it.

I have had mine for 2 years and no problems with it

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Im on my second hr .  the first on stopped holding charge and it was replaced and now my second has developed a bubble in the band which is getting bigger by the day . Both only lasted about 10 months. I wear mine every day .  Don't get it wet and keep it clean and they still haven't lasted. I loved my fitbit but can't afford to keep replacing them

Best Answer

Hey @BelH74 and @WendyB, I hope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities. Cat Embarassed

@BelH74 Fitbit have not stated a life expectancy for any of the trackers, however each of our products has a warranty period that you can use if your Fitbit has a defect. To make use of the warranty please get in touch with our Support Team so they can take a look in your account and provide you with the best solution for the band issue. 

@WendyB It's always nice to see you around the Community. Robot Very Happy

I'll be around if you have more questions. Cat Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer

I'm concerned because about 15% of my steps AREN'T counted when I'm walking briskly, over 120 steps per minute.  Undercounted steps mean undercounted distance, probably calories too.  I wonder if my device is beginning to fail after less than 10 months (it was a replacement for the first one, which developed a characteristic crack on the edge).  I really like it otherwise, but I wonder if it's wearing out.

Best Answer

I am on my second charge HR.   They last a little less than a year.   Both of them had problems with the bands.  They started to have bubbles and started peeling off, which means water and sweat can start to get into the device.   Both trackers' buttons fell off within 6 months, exposing a small hole where water can get in.   I was able to apply a silicone putty to block the holes.  The first one's battery eventually couldn't hold a charge, so it was done for.  As for the second one, i was able to glue back the bands that started to peel off.  It worked for a while.  Now it won't sync anymore.  I tried rebooting, doing a factory reset, nothing.  It's as if the blue tooth transmitter finally gave way.  But all other functions seem fine.  I use the trackers everyday.  I do a lot of mountain biking (mud and river crossings) and running.  I sweat on it a lot.

Best Answer

Same here!! The second one has gone on the fritz, now, too. So upset. At this rate, my money might be better spent on an iWatch

Best Answer

Mine have had a lifespan of about one year. The first time Fitbit replaced it, but within the year the same problem (battery lasts only a few hours) has occurred and they will not replace it again. It's a bit ridiculous to pay $120+ and not even get two or three years out of it. I won't be purchasing another Fitbit, even though I do love it and will miss it. It's not worth the $ or the hassle.

Best Answer

On my 3rd Charge HR. #1 stopped at 10 months, #2 stopped at less than one year. And warranty on #2 was only for the balance of #1.On my third one now. Customer service wanted to give me a 50% off coupon for #3. I refused and told them I wasn't going to spend any $ for another faulty or throw away device. Eventually CS relented an sent me the replacement. I do like these things though and wear them daily. However, with the track record it has I expect the device to go bad at the year end mark and even though CS has been great, I doubt I will shell out any money for a replacement.

Best Answer

Thanks. I'm on #2 after replacing the first under warranty. #2 has lasted over a year. I've re-glued the band numerous times, and now it drops 10-20% of my steps... but it still works!

Moderator edit: personal info removed and word choice.

Best Answer

Poor quality!

You'll get anywhere from 3 to 13 months of life. They fall apart, the rubber band disintegrates.

I'll never buy another FitBit product, ever. The same goes for everyone I know who ever had a Fitbit, they buy one, then never again.

Best Answer

I just had my Charge HR quit working after 2yrs 4mon. Even at that, I expected more. I wore it nearly all the time and it was getting to where it would not keep a charge as long as it had been. I tried to clean it on a regular basis but while returning from a trip I realized it had not charged after having been plugged up. I cleaned the connections and was able to get it to charge. However, a couple of weeks later, it stopped again and would not charge at all. I really liked this Charge HR and have been looking at a Charge 2 HR. 

Best Answer

Coming up to 15 months and it still holds a charge for up to 7 days. I normally charge it up after 4 days and it's only goes down to 50%. Put some super glue on the band and that is really working out well. 

Shooting for 2 years 

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

3rd Charge HR toast

1st lasted 2 months

2nd lasted 6 months

3rd now dead at 13 months - dead because Fitbit pushed a firmware update and turned it into a brick. 

CS is offering me a whopping 25% off buying a Charge 2.. not happening. The band was destroyed but you can glue back on easily enough.. but battery issues, cant charge, and now a frozen device because Fitbit decided to brick it so I have to buy a new one. 

Love my fitbit, but I really can't stand behind a product that fails so often. Their financials.. tell me that the reliability is causing issues, I give them one more year before they fold. 

Best Answer

I had exactly the same issue, only for my 3rd fitbit, that is what would have been the second replacement, Customer service offered me a 25% discount. I refused. They offered me 6 months of Prime membership. I refused. They offered me 25% discount and a year of Prime membership, I refused. They said, "Tough luck."  So I held out for a second replacement, but they refused. I guess I don't have your charm. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a  charge HR from May 2016 to May 2017 which fit bit replaced and recently the piece that covers the charging port  broke off so I contacted Fitbit to ask for a replacement and they stated that they only replace the original and that they would give me 25% off on another one. I explain that I feel like that I've spent too much money on a product that's not lasting me a very long time and it's not worth it.  They decided to replace my fit bit.  I am a believer in them standing behind their product, now they just need to improve on their product .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im on the third one , last 14 months then the band peels. Wont chatge wont sinc. Have been replaced up to date ,but waiting to hear about this one. Its clearly a design fault or we wouldnt all be saying the same thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have had five ,all compted, only one lasted more than 6 months.  fitbit is embarrassed by what a cheap product

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the original, Charge, Charge HR, and Alta.  All of them have been replaced over and over and over.... life expectancy for each of those devices are about 8-10 months.  They don’t last long. I don’t think I’m buying another one again.  I want a product that lasts longer!

Best Answer

My HP came apart on the inside with 2 screws visible after 3 months. Worked for a while longer but now not charging. Life span 4 months. Never buy a fitbit product again

Best Answer
0 Votes