Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge battery life below 12 hours

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I got a Charge 2 about 10 days ago. I love it but the battery is dead after 12 hours. When I go to bed at night with a full battery it's empty in the morning. When I charge it in the morning it's empty exactly 12 hours later.
I turned off the bleutooth on my phone, switched off the notifications, quick view, ... everything. But there's nog difference.

I don't thik that's supposed to happen. 

Wha to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Aloha @KarinVE, hope you're enjoying some healthy activities. Heart

I'm so excited to know about your happiness with your new Fitbit. I invite you to continue digging in our Community, you can find here the option to suggest your ideas to change and improve our products and services, you can also find awesome discussions where you can make new friends, find other Fitbitters sharing their experiences and motivation and much more.

Hope to see you around more often. Cat Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

Upto 2 weeks back, I was using my fitbit HR effectely, I was tracking sleep ., completing daily goals ,weekly execrcise goals. I used to see foot count in tracker then used to put effort in evening to complete tragets.

This was running smooth, upto 18 month, I was following and I got weight loss and my casetrol level also brought down, i was able to reach resting heart rate from 72 to 62.

2 weeks back I done mistake, I upgraded V122. and my baterry stop lasting for 4 hours as well.

Now my physcal execcise level and walking came down to 10%.can't track sleep as continous dislapy on distrub sleeps.

I googled and applied all optimization like quick view off, removed alarms, all day sync off and no help.

When I done more research I came to know that fitbit has brought continous display on,which kill battery.

I want to revert old version and expect fitbit to responsible for do proper analysis before brining new features. 

Now I lost interest in fitbit and thinking I have lost $200 which I paid for fitbit, Now i am planning to move other tracker (not from fitbit) for this crazy bug or feature.

Best Answer

Hey my friends @KarinVE and @Vjaiswal, it's nice to see you here. Heart

I'd like to start thanking you for the troubleshooting you already tried and also for the comments provided about this tracker. It's really odd that both of you are having issues with the battery on the Charge HR, my recommendation is following these steps:

• We recommend plugging charging cables into a USB port on a computer or other low-energy device. 
  • If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  • Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge.
  • Only use the official Fitbit branded charging cable that came with your tracker.
  • Leaving a tracker on a charger for an extended period of time is ok to do. We have extensive testing that prove that battery life is not negatively affected with extended charging periods.
  • Don't charge your tracker in extreme heat or cold.
  • If you use the Fitbit app, make sure All-Day Sync is turned off. All-Day Sync increases battery drain on both your tracker and mobile device. 
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage.

Give those steps a try and let me know how it goes. Cat Happy

Best Answer

I have followed all the steps you listed but there's no difference. I hope you can offer me more than only all kinds of advise on how to charge a battery because I'm not happy.

The battery only lasts up to 12 hours (almost to the minute) from day one. If there's nothing else you can offer than emails on how to charge the fitbit you will lose me as a customer. It's a lot of money for a wristwatch with wich I can't log all my steps or sleep because I need to charge it twice a day.

I also got an email from the support team where the first person wrote me they could see that the battery only lasts 12 hours, about 10 days later I got an email saying they can't read about my battery life. This is very confusing!

Hoping on a satisfactory answer this time.

Best Answer

Hello @KarinVE, it's nice to see you again. I've been in touch with our Support Team and noticed that they already handled your case and you received a replacement tracker. I'd like to invite you to our Discussions board where you can find encouragement from other members, recipes and motivation to make your life as healthier you can, you can also share your experiences and find friends to share this amazing adventure.

Keep up the super stepping! Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did receive the replacement Fitbit and much happier with this one!

thanks

Best Answer

Aloha @KarinVE, hope you're enjoying some healthy activities. Heart

I'm so excited to know about your happiness with your new Fitbit. I invite you to continue digging in our Community, you can find here the option to suggest your ideas to change and improve our products and services, you can also find awesome discussions where you can make new friends, find other Fitbitters sharing their experiences and motivation and much more.

Hope to see you around more often. Cat Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

my problem is that my charge hr battery does not recharge anymore. do i need to replace my battery? if yes, where can i get a replacement battery. thanks

Best Answer

Welcome to this thread @loladoyi, hope you like what you find in the Community. Cat Embarassed

This sounds really odd, before giving up on the Charge HR I'd recommend the following steps to try to fix this issue:

1. Clean the charging contacts on the back of your tracker to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color. To do so:
    - Use a toothpick or a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol.
    - Make sure not to scrape the contacts with a wire brush or anything metal, since this can damage   the plating and cause corrosion.
    - If you use a toothbrush, dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.

2. Clean the pins on your charging cable. To do so:
    - Soak a cotton swab with alcohol and press the swab to the pins carefully.
    - Make sure that no debris from the swab is left behind.
  3. If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

4. Check the alignment and try reconnecting your tracker to the charging cable. For illustrations and tips on how to know if the connection is secure, see How do I charge my tracker?

5. Last but not least, restart the Charge HR following the steps posted by @AlejandraFitbit.

Give the previous steps a try and let me know the outcome.

I'll be waiting your reply. Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for your reply. did everything recommended above but my fitbit's still not charging. i've had it for a couple of years so i'm thinking maybe the battery needs to be replaced but i don't know where to go. 

Best Answer

@loladoyi, it's nice to see you again. I want to thank you for trying all the troubleshooting steps I posted above, since your Charge HR is still not working properly, I've escalated this inconvenience to our Support Team so they'll contact you at the email address you used to create the Community account to give you more information to get you back on track.

See you around my friend. Cat Wink

Best Answer

thanks marlen!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @loladoyi, thank you for taking a break from stepping. I invite you to continue digging in our Community, you can find the option to suggest your ideas to change and improve our products and services, you can also find awesome discussions where you can make new friends, find other Fitbitters sharing their experiences and motivation and much more.

Keep up the super stepping! Cat LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also received a replacement yesterday and charged it for 3 hours at 6:00pm it showed a full charge it synced to my iphone 7 and then this morning around 11:00 the battery is is showing low .Having same issue as before. Any other suggestions I have tried all the tips mentioned above plus a few others .Update  fitbit battery died at 3:00 got home at 5:00 charged it again and tried to reset it . Would not reset would show the version and the icon but when you took it off the charger it would revert back to my settings. Force quit the app ,Reset my iPhone logged out and back into the app . Have done everything that has been suggested to me my customer service but nothing is working. I will see how long this charge last and if not satisfactory length of time I guess it's back to customer service. Still looking for a fix.

Best Answer

Hey @Edon, welcome to the Fitbit Community. Since you already followed the recommendations to improve the battery life and didn't worked, I'd like to ask you, to charge your tracker for 2 hours using the USB port from your computer, then wear the Fitbit as usual until the battery is empty and let me know how long it lasted.

I'll be waiting your reply. Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I took the fitbit off the charger at 7:30 pm on 8/3/17 . At 12:30 pm on 8/5/17 the fitbit is battery icon is showing empty . 41 hours total on this the second time I charged the replacement Charge HR . The first charge lasted only 19 hours . I have no alarms or notifications set except phone calls and I did not receive any calls during this time period also auto sync is off.It did last considerable longer on the second charge so I will charge and keep tract again and report the results back to you

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

as a last resort, you can factory reset it. for more information, see http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1606/?q=how+do+i+factory++reset+my+fitbit%3F&l=en...

but make sure that all of your information is synced, before you try this. after that, you need to set it up again.

Best Answer

Something is clearly wrong with the v122 update. I just got a replacement because my band didn't hold a charge more than a few hours. As soon as I connected the new band to my account/app, the brand new band's battery doesn't last longer than 24 hours and the old one is working for days now on the same charge (after it was showing dead when it was connected).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info . I'll give it a try if it doesn't continue to increase battery life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Edon@Iesdor and @actnjakson3000, it's nice to see you again. Heart

@Edon and @actnjakson3000 thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshoots! Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf so they can check on the system why the battery is not lasting the expected time. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

@Iesdor thank you for the help provided here!

I'll be around if you have questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes