Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty battery won't charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My battery is empty, now it will not charge. Any advice? Thanks
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Rsw512 , many people think that their battery won't charge when the issue is that the Charge HR has become unresponsive even though it is charging.  This can happen if the battery has died completely.  So if you are charging it in a way that in the past always worked, I would suggest giving it two hours charge, even if it doesn't seem to be charging, and then try the restart procedure: while it is still plugged in charging, press and hold the button.  The usual advice is to hold for 10-12 seconds.  However when the CHR is completely unresponsive it can take considerably longer so you may need to hold the button for as long as 20-30 seconds.  If this doesn't work the first time, repear two or three times more.  Hopefully the CHR will spring back into life again.

Good luck, and keep us posted.  Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

Hi, @Rsw512 , many people think that their battery won't charge when the issue is that the Charge HR has become unresponsive even though it is charging.  This can happen if the battery has died completely.  So if you are charging it in a way that in the past always worked, I would suggest giving it two hours charge, even if it doesn't seem to be charging, and then try the restart procedure: while it is still plugged in charging, press and hold the button.  The usual advice is to hold for 10-12 seconds.  However when the CHR is completely unresponsive it can take considerably longer so you may need to hold the button for as long as 20-30 seconds.  If this doesn't work the first time, repear two or three times more.  Hopefully the CHR will spring back into life again.

Good luck, and keep us posted.  Welcome to the Community!

Best Answer
Thank you, I will try it, as I had it plugged in overnight. I will let you. Anxious to have my fitbit back. More soon. Robyn
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hooray, it worked on the fourth 30 second try. Synced up now. Thank you and. I am happy to be part of the community.
Best Answer

What button is it that I am to press?  I have a Fitbit Alta that I bought about a month ago.  Did not notice anything about a button.  I am charging it up from an empty state, but need to know about this button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Chriscats, for the Alta the button is on the charging cable.  Look closely!

Post again if you need more help.  Welcome to the Community!

Best Answer
I see it. Thank you. Problem resolved.
Chriscat
Best Answer

beenthere done that and it still doesn't always work.  if i plug in the charge cord and can get it positioned correctly it will show the charge bar moving up to the current level and repeating a couple of times.  if i don't get it right, nothing else works. it's a pain in the wazoo to have to get it positioned correctly and braced so it won't move during charging.  worked ok for a couple of weeks after i got it and since then i have to play with it.  really an annoyance when i have to recharge it every 2 or 3  days.

Best Answer
my charging cord fits pretty snug to the fitbit so I’m surprised yours shifts around. Maybe a new charger cord will help
Chriscat
Best Answer

Hey there @Chriscats and @wmujcc!

@Chriscats Glad to hear that everything is in order now! Now you can continue to reach all of your goals.

@wmujcc, In your case, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support team. They will be glad to help you in any way they can.

Please do keep me posted on how it goes with them.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my Charge fitbit. I thought it was kaput... but decided to try the help forum. The advice given worked or me... and my fitbit is now showing itself charging...thank you!

Tony

Oakville

Ontario 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @tpollock

Thanks for bringing this up and for sharing that everything is working correctly now. 

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different thing to talk about with other Forums members.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I tried this, even had it plugged in overnight and it will not come on.  Did 30 seconds with the button down 5 times and nothing.  Any other thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Mamarabs.

Thanks for trying the steps I shared above. In this case, our support team should be getting in touch with you shortly. Please keep an eye on your email's inbox. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge 2 is also not charging. I have left it on the charger for over 24 hours and I have tried reseting it while on the charger 7 times. Are there any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome to the Forums @Fuyukitodoki.

Thanks for trying the restart! 

It is possible that there is dirt or some dust particles on the charger contacts. In general, I'd recommend trying to follow all of the suggestions on this help article. I'm sure you will find them useful! 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
I tried all the restart options. I called Fit bit and they sent me a new
one.
Best Answer

Wow... that's good customer service!...did they send the same model... or a different model?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, they did.  I had to send them my old one first, but I was satisfied with the customer service.  My Fitbit would get very hot while trying to charge it.  Once I said that, they said to send it back.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well done!... worked out good for you..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer