Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit froze during update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge HR froze last night during update. ☹️ now not functioning at all. Had bar across screen half is shaded and half clear with an exclamation mark at times. 😩

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

This is what mine looked like

image.jpeg

Go to your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and find your tracker, tap the (!) exclamation point and select "Forget this device".

To pair your tracker's Bluetooth from the Fitbit app do the following:
From your mobile Dashboard tap the Account icon, bottom right corner
Tap your tracker's picture on the left side
Tap Notifications; move the slide over till it turns green, then a pop-up message should appear requesting permission to set up your tracker to your iPhone's Bluetooth
Tap Pair when prompted too
Let the download complete, be patience.
Now do a sync

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
Thank you for your response. I kind of followed your advice and hey ho I have a functioning Fitbit again!
Just a shame it didn’t register my efforts at the gym this morning, but tomorrow’s another day. 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

That is exactly what happened to mine. It worked fine, I tapped update and it stopped half way and no way would it move anywhere.Tried all the various suggestions but it just sits without doing a thing. I think another brand might be lest frustrating. Why would you issue a software upgrade that would destroy the hardware?

Any comments?

Best Answer

I also followed the recommended fix but it still does not work. The frozen Fit-bit remains frozen. It's kind of ridiculous that a perfectly functioning instruments is rendered useless because I followed the recommendation and tried to install an update to the software! Any other recommendation?

Best Answer
Hi, mine is ok now after I followed some advice on here. Basically I just went on my phone settings on Bluetooth and pressed forget this device for my Fitbit and stopped Bluetooth.
Then I switched Bluetooth back on and it found the Fitbit and it finished the update in a couple of minutes and apart from needing charging it is fine now.
A simple solution to a frustrating issue.
Hope you get yours back on track. 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’ve had the same issue for the while of today, have tried all the options available but I was told to forget the device from my phone entirely and set it up as a new device. Clearky this hasn’t worked as I’m in the same predicament. Also, could the fact that I’m currently abroad be impacting the update? If anyone has any advice it would be truly appreciated,  thank you 🙂 

Best Answer

What I did for mine was the following: 

•I tried several times throughout the day to update 

•I left it an hour after the last attempt and then went to the forums 

•It was recommended to remove the device and try that, and so I did.

•This didn’t work at first, but it did eventually. 

•I then pressed and held the button the side of the Fitbit for 15 seconds and repeated this 5 times (after being rather annoyed at it)

•I reset the app

•I tried to set it up as a new device again and it worked!

it quickly updated the Fitbit from where it was stopped at and now *touch wood* my Fitbit is completely fine, just charging. 

I know this method would be rather annoying as you’d lose all insunced progress but, personally, I’d rather lose a few days than my Fitbit. I hope this helps, good luck 😉 

Best Answer
Oh dear, I’m sorry it didn’t work for you whereas it did work for me. I also turned off the Bluetooth for a couple of minutes then turned it on again and it just found it.
There does seem to be a problem because this should not be happening.
Ring up the customer services who will probably be very helpful. If it’s not a free phone ask for them to ring you back.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Apologies! After continuously repeating the recommended procedures the HR eventually rose from its death like phoenix rising from the ashes. Thank you all for the trouble shooting advice. If you can explain why the breakdown happened in the first place it would be educational to hear it for all.

Gyula

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad you are back up and running 🏃🏿‍:female_sign:!
I have no idea if the background to the glitch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great everyone is up and running, you can mark this solved if you like. 

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.  I'm trying the Trouble shooting things with no success yet.  Did the Twitter Help thing to see if I was missing a step and nothing.  This device is also my alarm clock so when it crashed, I lost that too.  I am finding this device rather frustrating.  Between the band falling apart and things like this.  I'm starting to think there has to be a better option.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not me.  Looks like I have to kill it and start all over again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cdcsmith2000 wrote:

Not me.  Looks like I have to kill it and start all over again.  

@cdcsmith2000

More info on how I got it to complete the download
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes
Walked through with someone on the chat.  It's my Fitbit.  Being replaced.  Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Mine is fine now. I basically turned off Bluetooth on my phone, activated “forget this device “ so Fitbit was unpaired, then when I put Bluetooth back on it just found the Fitbit, finished update in a couple of minutes then apart from needing charging, it is good to go!!
Hope yours gets sorted soon. Try phoning customer support if not as they will probably be helpful. We get to rely on these devices so miss them when they aren’t functioning.
Good luck 😉

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
At least a result!
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your help. It did work eventually and I am glad I persisted.
Cheers
Gyula

Sent from my iPhone
Gyula
Best Answer
0 Votes
👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes