Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit hr not connecting to app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughters charger hr ran out of battery and had wrong time when recharged. We tried to sync it to update time but it wouldnt sync. I have restarted fitbit, android phone and app before removing and reinstalling app. App connects with fitbit and asks for 4 digit code but then sticks on this page with the connecting icon endlessly spinning. I have retried numerous times but with same out come. HELP 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Fiona007 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying all of those troubleshooting steps. I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

@abrao It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting this. I'd recommend trying all of the troubleshooting steps posted here. This should help you out! 

@baijes Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying all of the steps listed. Are you still experiencing the same? Since when is your Charge HR not syncing/connecting? Is this the only function that is not working for you? 

Also, you mentioned you'll like to get a new Fitbit; that is awesome! Have you checked the Charge 2? Feel free to check other Fitbit devices on the web page.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

@Fiona007 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying all of those troubleshooting steps to re pair your daughter's tracker back to her account.

It seems the only step you missed to troubleshoot is resetting Bluetooth on her phone:

• Turn Bluetooth off.
  • Wait 10 seconds.
  • Turn Bluetooth back on. 

Also, check the requirements on this helpful article. That should help you out as well! 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Fitbit works, is finding the charge hr, but cannot connect. Bleutooth is on.

@Fiona007wrote:

My daughters charger hr ran out of battery and had wrong time when recharged. We tried to sync it to update time but it wouldnt sync. I have restarted fitbit, android phone and app before removing and reinstalling app. App connects with fitbit and asks for 4 digit code but then sticks on this page with the connecting icon endlessly spinning. I have retried numerous times but with same out come. HELP 

Best Answer

The tracker tracks my sleep, it tracks the walk I took today, it tracks my heartrate, but it's not syncing and adding my steps. It hasn't done this since March 8th. What's going on with it now? This is happening more and more lately, my tracker is not found and won't sync. Getting tired of this.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my Fitbit charge HR. It measures my sleepy tonight, it measures my heart rate each day, it measured the walk I did today. But the steps won't sync according to the Fitbit I have 737 steps, according to the app I have 244 steps?? I've tried numerous times to sink it, I've tried turning the phone off and on I've tried turning the Bluetooth off and on I've tried turning the Fitbit off and on keeps telling me the tracker is not found. This seems to be happening more and more lately and I'm getting tired of it.

Best Answer

dear djkos

Thank jou for your mail. It is really the same problem. I dit the same actions as jou did without any succes. I think the Fitbit Charge Hr is broken….😩 after one and a half year.!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ankkarel @djkos Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying all of those steps to get your Charge HR to sync.

In order to sync your Charge HR there are some other steps you can try:

• Check if you are using a compatible mobile device.
  • Check if the Fitbit app is up to date.
  • Restart your Charge HR.
  • Reset Bluetooth (turn it off, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on).
  • Log out from the Fitbit app, reboot your phone, log back in to the Fitbit app.
  • Force quiet the Fitbit app.

Try to sync after doing each of this individual steps. If you already did some of those steps, please try them again in the order given.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Hi,
Completed all of these steps again, attempting to sync after every step and
i am still stuck on the "connecting" screen but not progressing and the
charge hr is still showing the wrong time.
Any other suggestions, from posts ive seen it seems to be a common problem?
Best Answer

Ihave the same problem! Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me. I think the bluetooth device on the fitbit must be broken. It says it can't connect. I have tried everything... all of the steps listed. Looking at getting a new fitbit as this one is now useless 😞

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fiona007 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying all of those troubleshooting steps. I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

@abrao It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting this. I'd recommend trying all of the troubleshooting steps posted here. This should help you out! 

@baijes Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying all of the steps listed. Are you still experiencing the same? Since when is your Charge HR not syncing/connecting? Is this the only function that is not working for you? 

Also, you mentioned you'll like to get a new Fitbit; that is awesome! Have you checked the Charge 2? Feel free to check other Fitbit devices on the web page.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
My band and my husband's band both broke within a year. We got the old sorry we're not replacing it but here's 25% off of a new one. I don't think so, I'm going to try another brand.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

This same problem is happening to me!!  I went through all those steps And it’s still not connecting. What else can I do??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have tried the following but my fitbit hr is still stuck on the connecting screen. I have resetted my watch, deleted the app reinstalled the app checked by Bluetooth still stuck on connecting. Please help

Best Answer

NOT Working. Connecting takes for ever. Is it broken or what? Tried restarting my brand new iPhone SE started FitBit app. Added device. Pressed button 3 sec. pairing no. appears. Enter number I see on my Charge HR. Connecting to FitBit starts and continues for ever. But after app update it starts to work again. Wow it would be nice if that was mentioned somewhere in the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues. My Bluetooth is connected I have reset my phone to Bluetooth the app and every time I put in the four digit code and it’s trying to sync it just stays stuck on that page

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I have retried all of these steps checking all versions of software up to date , plus logging out and restarting phone watch - but once entering the code displayed on the Charge HR it still stuck on Connecting to Fitbit....  

this’s so frustrating any other suggestions to resolve this matter ( aside from buy a new one not an option!) 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Its so irritating. I can't use my fitbit..

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue. Please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please reach out to me as well. I am also having this issue. 

Best Answer