Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't factory reset after freezing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge HR and it recently froze half way through an update with half a bar of the update showing on the screen. I've attempted to restart and troubleshoot using this article (https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047/) and have even attempted a factory reset but that hasn't worked either. I still have the same frozen screen showing.  

Can someone help fix my fitbit?

Thanks,

Paul

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

I am having the same issue, charge HR stuck halfway and won’t do anything, can’t reset, button does nothing, all after update, Sooo many issues on this

Best Answer

I have the same problem too. I have tried everything and neither my phone or my computer can even find it now. 

Please help as my pain doctor uses the info on it to track my mobility. 

Best Answer

After reading some of the comments on the other link about the new firmware update I have fixed mine and it’s working fine now. 

I unpaired from Bluetooth, then in the app I removed device, then added device and it completed the firmware update on my HR. All is ok now. 

Hope this helps 

Anne 

Best Answer

Mine too!! I have requested help from fitbit and they were useless, just telling me to "set up" my tracker again. 

Best Answer

This seems to have worked for me too!!! thank you!!

Best Answer

My Fitbit froze during the update.  I deleted it from Bluetooth (it would not connect at this point in any case).  I could not delete the Fitbit from the app as it claimed it was still doing the update.  I then removed the app.  After reinstalling and connecting the Bluetooth it resumed the update and completed it successfully.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this same issue currently. I've tried unpairing the fitbit, removing it from the app and uninstalling/reinstalling the app and it STILL will not reset. I'm not sure what else to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You’ve done everything I did to fix my similar problem. Here is some additional advice from Fitbit.
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047

Herb Langin
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had increasing trouble syncing over the last couple of days, so I tried a factory reset.  After waiting 9 seconds, letting go of the button, and pushing it again, I don't get ALT.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assume you followed the reset instructions exactly including initially plugging in the charging cable. Otherwise I don’t have a suggestion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

After days of dealing with the support centre, (conclusion: after 13 months of use, my fitbit charge HR is a paperweight), Im here in a last ditch attempt for solve this problem.

After a firmware update, the Charge HR showed a half full bar, similar to the battery life bar. It would no longer show anything else on the screen. 

I followed the steps suggested, removed the app from my phone, ensures that the phone "forgot" the watch, and reinstalled everything. Then the app would say "found your Charge HR", only for it not to connect, but have the "not working?" page appear. The phone could see the charge HR, but the app could see it only for it not to connect.

Then my attempt to factory reset, again no luck, followed the process to a T, even got a friend to try, STILL nothing on the screen but the half bar. No ALT, No white screen, No ERASE.

Thats when FITBIT graciously said, sorry, out of warranty, oops about the firmware update....

I have left the fitbit to run flat for 2 months, and tried to factory reset again today. no luck.

Any other suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Were you able to pair the watch with the phone as per initial Bluetooth setup instructions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

If you are meaning, when i first got the watch? Yes, setup went on without
any issues.

I have even tried setting the watch up on a completely new phone, with the
same results. The app says it can see the charge HR, only for it to
inevitably fail to connect.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I assumed you told your phone Bluetooth to forget your watch.  If you didn’t I suggest you do it now.  This thread has some information on how to then setup the watch as a new device and pair it to your phone.  

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Clicked-forget-device-accidentally/td-p/681179

( Sorry if this is old news, I couldn’t tell if you had tried something like this from your posts)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

yes I did, i will try with a new, out of the box, cell phone today and see if that helps at all.

The biggest concern is that the Fitbit wont even factory restore. it simply shows the half full bar. which doesn't even change when charging. Its completely unresponsive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same and I can’t reset it. Help

Best Answer
0 Votes
I posted this earlier.  If you haven’t done these things earlier it’s worth a try.
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, it's great to see you around! 

Thanks for pointing this out and sharing your suggestions. As you already know this happens when the firmware update has not bee successfully completed. This gets usually resolved by following the steps provided on the Why can't I update my Fitbit device? article. 

I know that most of you already performed these steps, so please let me know if you're still having trouble so I can provide you the next steps. 

Catch you later! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
Hi

I have tried these steps, as you may have read, I have gone as far as using
a new phone, trying to let the fitbit run dead, trying to factory reset,
all with no success.

At this point I'm looking at buying another fitness watch.

Best regards

John
Best Answer