Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't factory reset after freezing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge HR and it recently froze half way through an update with half a bar of the update showing on the screen. I've attempted to restart and troubleshoot using this article (https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047/) and have even attempted a factory reset but that hasn't worked either. I still have the same frozen screen showing.  

Can someone help fix my fitbit?

Thanks,

Paul

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

I've also tried all the steps listed out in several articles to no avail. I'm also having to look at buying a new fitbit. 

I have to say - I'm concerned about purchasing another one just to have this situation happen again. It shouldn't be so common to have updates fail like this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @JohnSm

I proceeded to send your information to the Support Team but I was informed that you had already created a case for this circumstance and I do recommend that you continue the workflow  with them. If they haven't already provided you a resolution to your case. 

@Elessara91 Thanks for performing these troubleshoots, in order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team. Keep an eye on your inbox for the next steps and let me know how it goes. Robot Happy

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

This one worked for me too!

Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're the first person I've seen to have exactly the same issue as me - including no ability to reset or restore the device to its original factory settings. 

It's a pain - after speaking with Fitbit they've concluded that a replacement for me was in order. It's a paperweight I'm afraid. If my fitbit breaks again, I'll be heading to Garmin for a Vivosmart, although Fitbit support have been tremendously responsive on email - I'm just not happy with the quality of the workmanship both physically and programmatically.

Best Answer
Sadly they were not able to assist with a replacement, so i did exactly
what you might, for the same reasons, I have decided to move to Garmin. Its
a pity as I was such a big Fitbit fan. Goodluck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Add my Charge HR to the list of those who will not factory reset.

It's a paperweight at this point.  Customer service via live chat was disappointingly terrible.  The reps (I gave up on one and tried another) were both clearly reading from a script, and repeatedly asked me questions that I had already answered.  One even requested that the iOS app be updated after I had already told them I was pairing the tracker with a laptop running Windows 10.  The other one repeatedly asked me when I purchased the device after repeatedly being told that it was gift from approximately a year ago.

It's really a shame, as I enjoyed using the device, but not thoroughly tested updates that brick devices, in conjunction with the terrible customer service experiences, have me moving to Garmin as well.  They have always provided prompt and concise customer service for a number of GPS and other devices that we have had or currently own.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this exact same situation. I know it seems pointless AF but forgetting the device in your bluetooth settings is most likely your answer at this point. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes