Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reset steps to zero?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I returned from a trip yesterday in a different time zone. My watch reset to home time zone, but my steps are still adding to yesterday and it's 10 hours into today. How to install reset? Not sure how to turn off device.
Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

My fitbit versa counts steps when I am riding my motorcycle. I'm already up to 60,000 for the day and when I got on the motorcycle for my ride I have under 1000 steps. Thoughts?

Best Answer

How do I reset my fitbit alta to zero steps during the day?

Best Answer

this morning my fitbit started at zero and now it picked up all of yesterdays steps also

Best Answer

I charged my Fitbit last night and woke up to 32,000 steps!  Not sure what happened, but I'm in several challenges and want to zero it so i don't have to drop out. 

Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have a new Fitbit blaze only taken out the box and set up but my steps are now showing 379 when this is not possible? When I originally opened it, my Fitbit was already showing 7 steps but a wince putting it on charge it’s now showing 379? Is there a way to reset the steps? Thanks Gabbie 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I am also having an issue with my step count. I just got my Charge2 today and am trying to set it up. The steps are completely off. Sitting on the couch, it says I’ve walked 12 steps. It also showed steps taken once it was charged and I hadn’t taken any steps yet

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just woke up and my versa is telling me I have over 24,000 steps with over 14,000 steps yesterday (I maybe had 4,000). It says I’ve gone 0.00 miles but so many steps. This happened one other time also where I woke up and had over 27,000 steps. I like to compete on Fitbit competitions and this clearly is inaccurate! 

Best Answer

Very disappointed so far with fitbit. 

Have many questions but first.... How to reset the Change 2 to count steps and calories correctly? It is adding far too many. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can't. Something is vibrating by you Fitbit. Move it somewhere else
. That's what I had to do and I didn't complete that week.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with your comments and am also very skeptical
about the numbers of steps??
Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer

How do I reset step count to zero?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I reset fitbit to zero

Best Answer

Mine says I've done 265 steps before I've got out of bed 😞 want to reset it so it's accurate 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I reset steps to zero

My Charge 2 will not reset the steps to zero even after the date changes.  

Moderator edit: updated post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fit bit won’t start at 0. This has been going on for 3 days. In N Ireland ...but have been here for over 2 weeks with no problems. Would appreciate any feed back

Thank you,,,,Elaine 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It should automatically reset at midnight. Check to make sure if you take
it off at night that it's not by something that vibrates, ie:. radio etc.
It is normal, if you wear it to bed, to get a few steps in your sleep. To
my knowledge, there is no manual way to reset your Fitbit. Sorry.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Forums @JFCCDC , @MICOCO  and @KimberlyS246 . I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your reset steps inquiry.

@JFCCDC , steps should reset to 0 at midnight.

@MICOCO, has the issue been resolved? I don't have reports about this happening in N Ireland. Do your steps reset at midnight?

Thank you for your advise @KimberlyS246 . As you mentioned, there is no manually way to reset Fitbit steeps.

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to reset steps 

Best Answer