Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pregnancy mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi,
I added my 2nd trimester a while back and I went to change it today however the box below body type has now gone. Is there another way to add this please
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sophiebarnes10@rebecca13 The pregnancy options are no longer available. They previously appeared under Account Settings, but had no effect on any data. They have been removed to prevent confusion.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

hi yeah id like toknow where its gone to im in my 2nd trimester this week

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sophiebarnes10@rebecca13 The pregnancy options are no longer available. They previously appeared under Account Settings, but had no effect on any data. They have been removed to prevent confusion.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Thanks for the update
Best Answer

Are there any plans to make a new pregnancy or breastfeeding setting? It'd be really nice for pregnant women to use if it is accurate, and particularly helpful to help breastfeeding women lose the baby weight as you burn so many more calories when you're breastfeeding. 

Best Answer

That kind of makes it useless. Now it will always say that those of us that are pregnant are in the "obese" category for BMI and such.

Best Answer

I set my fitbit into pregnancy mode when I hit my second trimester. It added 300 calories to my basal calorie expenditure. 
I understand that changing status for pregnany and breastfeed has been removed; unfortunately, when it was removed my basal calorie expenditure was not reverted back to its original setting. Is there a way to change this back now that this function has been removed?

Best Answer

I'd like to know this as well as I have the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hayleyblaine @stacey4523 The pregnancy and nursing options were removed because they did not affect anything at all. Selecting this option had zero effect on your caloric data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matthew, the issue is when they removed that setting, it didn't revert back the accounts that were pregnant at the time. Therefore it does have an impact on my account because though I didn't wear it all morning today because I had it charging, it shows I have already burned 710 calories. Which is definitely not the case. So, how can i change the fact that I'm definitely NOT burning calories like that anymore? (I wish I was but we all know that ain't the case).

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@leightiger The setting which was removed had absolutely zero effect on anything, so there was no change to revert. It was literally a button that did nothing at all, which is why it was removed.

What you described is normal behavior, due to the fact that your device includes BMR calories into its calculation (these are the calories you automatically burn just by being alive). You can read more about that in this thread.

Best Answer

Hello!  Same issue here. The other thing FitBit doesn't seem to get is that it's nice to be able to set a goal weight of pounds over weeks or pounds over months, instead of just "pick a weight." I'd find this to be much more beneficial when watching pregnancy weight.  If I remember correctly, FitnessPal settings were more flexible in this way, and you can sync your FitnessPal Profile with your FitBit.  SO, you'll track your progress through FitnessPal instead of FitBit, but you'll still be able to use your FitBit.  Good luck!

Best Answer

Yup! A pregnancy mode is also good for distinguishing between weight during
pregnancy and normal weight in general when looking at the long-term
charts. Another important distinction is heart rate -- pregnant women have
increased heart rates overtime and it would be good to distinguish that as
well. Another potential parameter: maximum recommended heart rate during
exercises -- it's different (lower) when you're pregnant. Would be good to
have alarms and tips specifically for that. The list goes on & on.
--

Diana L. Ouellette

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hello @shortnsweet6521 and @BeantownDee, it's nice to see new members in the forums. Cat Happy

I think that this is an awesome idea! My best friend is pregnant right now and this functionalities sounds super useful during this period. As you mentioned, this no longer is a feature in the Fitbit account, however I'd like to suggest voting for this nice idea in our Feature Suggestion board and spread the word so it can get more votes, in this way our developers can take it in consideration for the next updates.

See you around my friends. Cat Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer

Should have a pregnancy setting

Best Answer

It would be great if Fitbit considered a way to add the pregnancy/nursing mother options with a review on how that affects the data during this stage. There have been enough comments on this to warrant a change. Remember if you don't provide a solution, someone else will and people will use their product instead!

Best Answer

Yes thank you! My fitbit tells me I should lose 6lbs to increase my HR and I am currently 6 months pregnant, I cant lose any weight or else I'll be considered really underweight for being pregnant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

so maybe you can make an notification if your heart rate is high. why dont u partner with an app to make data useful with nice interface. the last  month of pregnancy I was walking and was in yellow zone 4 hours a day and put on 30 lbs. i have insight but other women might not make that connection 

Best Answer