cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Strap coming unglued

SOLVED
Highlighted

Has anyone here had any issues with their straps coming undone?  I had to superglue the top of mine since it was coming off and now I have a very large bubble forming in the middle of the opposite strap.  I've had my Charge HR since June 29th of 2015.  You can see the super glue at the top of the screen in the picture.  It did a good job of keeping that part of the strap attached.  Don't know what to do about the bubble.  

ThanksBand falling apart

Accepted Solution
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @kidsandcowbells@thelvey and @Andie-O welcome to the Fitbit Community! @kaybautista It's great to have you here! Smiley Happy If you are experiencing issues with your Charge HR band, I would suggest to contact customer support they will be happy to review the warranty on your tracker. 

I'll be around if you have any questions! Smiley Wink 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Accepted Solution
265 REPLIES

Yes, I've gone through TWO HR charge devices and both have literally come apart around the wrist band.  FITBIT replaced the first unit quickly, and I'm about to request a replacement or repair of the second unit.

Not happy with the quality of FITBIT products at this point.

Accepted Solution
Mine is doing the same thing. I got mine for Christmas.
Accepted Solution

yes, am experiencing the same right now, separated at the bottom and now i can't seem to turn it on

Accepted Solution

just bought it last october 2015

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I talked to some friends.  It looks like the band falling apart on the fitbit is common.  This sucks because I expect my device to work for two solid years.  I guess I could except a failure after the one year point, but not at 8 to 10 months.  

Accepted Solution

Hello @kidsandcowbells@thelvey and @Andie-O welcome to the Fitbit Community! @kaybautista It's great to have you here! Smiley Happy If you are experiencing issues with your Charge HR band, I would suggest to contact customer support they will be happy to review the warranty on your tracker. 

I'll be around if you have any questions! Smiley Wink 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Accepted Solution
Yes, I have contacted support and they are on this. My only remaining concern is that this is the second unit that has had wristband issues. Obviously it is a manufacturing process issue. Has it been corrected or can I expect the third unit to fail after only months of use? Otherwise, great product that does what it's supposed to do. Just poorly manufactured.

Sent from Tom's iPhone 6 Plus
Accepted Solution

Thank you for your response.  Customer service helped me right away after an email.  I will be getting a replacement Charge HR soon.  

Thanks again,

Aarno

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
I have contacted fitbit about my wristband problems( ungluing near screen,and bubble appearing on strap ) I see I'm not alone in my displeasure.I hope to get a response back soon.
Accepted Solution

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Robbie55@thelvey and @kidsandcowbells It's great to have you here Smiley Happy I'm glad to hear about your experience with customer support. I just want to share a few simple guidelines to take care of your tracker.  @Robbie55 did you get a response from support? 

Keep me posted! Woman Wink

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Yep, same here...  bought in the O2 Black friday sale (29 Nov 15) and 5 months later the strap has bubbled and coming away from the screen.

Just emailed customer support, so hopefully something will be done.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

It took about 3 weeks but I recieved a replacement watch.  Fitbit does have great customer service.  Making watch bands that are durable and can last 12 months, they're still working on that.  

Accepted Solution
Yes,they respond in a timely manner and will replace the defective watch
within several business days.I am pleased with their customer service.
Accepted Solution
I followed all the guidelines but 6 months later the strap has bubbled and split. Same as many on here. Please sort this out with the development team.
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Got the same identical problem.  I sent an email to fitbit with a copy of my invoice hopefully they will replace since there are not any repair centers.  I don't get mine wet other than when working out. Thought they were under warranty for a year

Accepted Solution

Hello @DaryllB@kidsandcowbells@Robbie55,@jcm234 and @gunnyb. Hope you are having a great day! Smiley Wink @Robbie55 I'm glad to know about your experience with customer support, they are the best! Smiley Wink @jcm234 I would recommend to reach out to the support team, they will be glad to review the warranty on your tracker, @gunnyb and @DaryllB keep me posted about your customer support experience. 

I'll be around if you have any questions.Smiley Wink 

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Hi Angela, yes, i had great support from the team,  a couple of hours after sending my email they replied asking for more details, and an hour or 2 after I'd supplied the details, they emailed back to say a replacement was being dispatched.

Received it yesterday (Wednesday).

Great service...!!

Accepted Solution

Update c/s has sent me a couple of emails and they said they are going to send a replacement.  So glad, love my FItBIt am a customer for life.  Just love seeing those active minutes add up.  Will be keeping an eye on the mail box.  Will post when it comes to my house.C/S is great.

Accepted Solution

Hello @DaryllB and @gunnyb thanks for sharing your experience with customer support, they are amazing! Smiley Happy Don't forget to visit our Discussions board it's a great place to keep up on the latest news from the Fitbit team.

Happy stepping! Cat Tongue

Accepted Solution
0 Votes