Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Center

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit should seriously think of having a Repair center for products.

My Charge HR has just gone over 365 days before the strap started bulging and finally the sensor does not work at all.

As it is out of warranty even though I want to pay for repir it cannot be done so have to decide.

Do i go for another charge and possibly be in same position year down the line or swap for another product or make

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Satzfitp, a third option is to purchase a new tracker, such as the Charge 2, from an authorized retailer such as Best Buy, Sam's Club, etc., and purchase an inexpensive 3-year extended warranty with it. Then you'll have a good tracker for the entire 3 years of the extended warranty at a very good price.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
88 REPLIES 88

@Satzfitp, a third option is to purchase a new tracker, such as the Charge 2, from an authorized retailer such as Best Buy, Sam's Club, etc., and purchase an inexpensive 3-year extended warranty with it. Then you'll have a good tracker for the entire 3 years of the extended warranty at a very good price.

Best Answer

I agree, it seems so many people I talk to have problems just out of warranty which leads me to believe that these devices really aren't meant to last much longer than that, and then there are no repair centres so you are forced to have to I buy a new one. This isn't terrible afternoon sale S service for sure such a large international brand!!!! Doesn't make me want to jump to buy the same brand again at all! 

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @CBW, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

I know that you may be questioning about the quality of Fitbit but, I assure you that we test our Fitbit before releasing them to the market and we expect the highest quality in our products and services.  I understand your grievances and that's why I want to let you know that whenever you need help with your Fitbit, you can contact our Support Team. They will be glad to help out, and they'll give you more information about your warranty options or your options after you Fitbit warranty expires.  

Nevertheless, I will definitely pass all this feedback along to our team; we do take all of your feedback seriously. Thanks for sharing!

I'll be around if you have questions. Cat Happy  

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry wrote:

That's actually a very good idea!

PS. I just looked on Amazon, and this is what I saw -

Protect your purchase:

Include 3-Year Protection for $12.25
Include 2-Year Protection for $9.31

Moderator edit: Format.

--- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
Flex (Christmas 2014), ChargeHR (Christmas 2015). Wife is using the Flex now! Nope, that Flex has died. Alta ordered 12/15/16 as Flex replacement. So far, she likes it. Nope, alta battery only lasts 2 days, started at 7. Support contacted 12/7/17. Hope warranty covers it.
Best Answer

Same with my FIL’s FitBit. We got it for him as a gift and it started bulging while it was under warranty and it was easily replaced and now it’s happening again but the warranty is now expired. The watch should not bulge in the first place! And all FitBit will offer to do is send a $40 coupon towards the purchase of another FitBit. Really??? No, that’s not good enough. What poor poor quality. We will never buy FitBits again for anyone or ourselves. There’s 200 some odd dollars down the drain. 😡

Best Answer

I agree, they are very poor quality and I was offered a discount for my replacement. I received a replacement with my first Fitbit HR, and the same thing broke on the replacement. I will not pay for another one and an definitely not happy with their customer service. 

Best Answer

Thanks a million for sharing your thoughts.

@EricJRW I appreciate the time you took to research this information. It might be helpful to other users.

@blueyesbru and @Honeyd  We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The active minutes on my Alta fitbit is off. It stopped yesterday at 28 minutes even though I walked for 60. I've worked with the settings in the fitbit app and nothing changed. there's a problem with the device itself.

How do I get this one repaired?  

I don't plan on spending more money for another device - what's the point?  

Best Answer

Hi @SlimAve! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing an inconsistency with active minutes recorded by your Alta. We don't have a repair center but I'll be more than glad to help you with this issues you're having with your active minutes.

As you may have read in our article on the topic What are active minutes?, our algorithms detect subtle differences in exertion that may explain why two seemingly identical activities result in different active minute totals. For example if you took a brisk walk along the same route two days in a row, differences in your speed and exertion levels (e.g. out of breath vs not out of breath, etc) will cause different active minute totals for the two activities. Also keep in mind that active minutes are only recorded for activities that last 10 minutes or longer and your tracker will detect if you maintain the intensity of the workout. 

What activities are you performing? 

If you're doing activities in the same way, basically same intensity and duration, your Active Minutes shoudn't vary a lot. Check this information in regards of Active Minutes are gain and restart your Fitbit, just in case that it is a hardware issue.

Also I would recommend checking the information for previous activities during different days, to see exactly what are the activities that are giving you Active Minutes. You can go to the Fibit.com Dashboard on the computer or on the browser in your phone, click on Log > Activities > Choose the date and choose to see calories.

Your Active Minutes will be shown with the calories in high intensity level as green lines, as you can see in the picture. Moderate intensity level are shown in yellow lines.

Active Minutes from 27th.png

Hope this helps! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

I have a charge 2 and absolutely love it.  I'm lost when I don't have it on.  Well just over a week ago my blood pressure sensor stopped working, then yesterday it stopped taking a charge for more than 4 hours.  I was devastated.  I called the help line, chatted with online help.  I wasn't satisfied . My only option was 25 percent off on a New product.  My charge 2 is 1 year and two months old.  Seriously. I paid almost 200 bucks for it.  And now I should invest another couple hundred?  I am way upset.  So much so, I'm worried about buying another product from Fitbit.  The charges have gone down and with 25 percent it would be roughly 100 bucks.  Really?  It makes me almost want to learn how to fix them to help other buyers from this heart ache.   Because there is NO ONE that fixes them.   I am beyond upset.

Best Answer

I'm having simular thoughts regarding my Fitbit Charge 2 . After a year and six months the battery needed charging every 2 days a week later the led display is half gone and there is no way to have this repaired. I had a Fitbit Flex previously  with battery problems which they did replace because it was borberline 1 year. When this one began to have problems I purchased a Fitbit Charge 2 in November 2016 now this one is finished. They offered me a 25%discount on a new Charge 2 but only if ordered online in their store, well there are retailer that sell their product, I don't think I should be forced to use their online store. I do like the Charge 2 but maybe it is time for change

Best Answer

Hi @Carol160 and @Chargedwrong your comments are important for us.

Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

One more thing to mention is that you can always read the warranty policies from Fitbit so you can have a better understanding of the response they provided you. If you have additional questions in regards of your options, please feel free to contact them back to get more information about it. Fitbit as any other company have policies to follow through.  And while customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

I'll be around in case that you have additional questions and thanks again for your participation in the community!

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another solution is to buy a different brand of fitness tracker.  I have two Charge HR trackers that were worn for less than a year.  Both have broken strap hinges.   I will do  a lot of research before I consider replacing them with another fitbit.

Every single fitbit I have owned (4) has had the strap break.  I am 70 years old -- I don't do anything besides wear it during my normal day to day activities.  This is a poorly made product -- I'm sure it is tested, but what kind of test and what are the results.  Very poor reliability.

Another option for Fitbit would be to provide a longer warranty with their product if they really think it is such a good product.  They won't because they don't.

Best Answer

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @Babybird2! Sorry for all the inconveniences that some of you had with the Fitbit bands and I understand the frustration you are feeling. Your comments have not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along to our team.

As mentioned before, we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree i am facing same problem with my charge 2 now fitbit people asking me to buy new tracker in last 1 and half yr this is 2nd time it stopped working once they change it as it was in warranty this time they can’t help as its out of warranty. No fun spending so much on buying now that too for few months as it will not last more than 6-7 month.

Best Answer

Hi @Chandrasangeeta,  hope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities. Smiley Happy

I appreciate the time you took in order to post your feedback. I wanted to let you know that your thoughts are greatly appreciated and we're always improving our products and service, thanks to your comments and reviews. If you have questions about the Fitbit policies you can take a look of them here

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have got my Blaze for two years. The fully charged battery drains empty in 4 hours. It is unacceptable that a watch of US$120 has such poor reliability design and quality. I have not heard any helpful solutions from moderators of Fitbit on this forum. No service centre to support after sales is a huge disappointment in this brand.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Joseph357!

Sorry about what happened to your Blaze. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our support team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do not own and have never owned a Blaze. I have been complaining with no
result for a long time about the worthless construction of my
non-Blaze fitbits. They are currently useless.

--
Mary Andrews
Best Answer