Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing to a new phone.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have a charge HR Fitbit and it was synced to my phone with text and call notifications but I've broken my phone and now have a new one. Since it was synced with the old one with text and calls and I didn't manage to unpair them before it broke it now won't connect with my new phone. Any thoughts?
Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@Hrd not sure if you've tried anything listed here but this article explains how you can attempt to sync to a new phone. Also I would suggest you try a restart of your tracker.  Sometimes it takes a few restarts for the problem to be corrected.  Let us know if that works for you or you need further assistance.

Please remember to take a moment to mark the post that best answers your question as the Accepted Solution and Vote for posts that are useful or provide quality content.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hrd Welcome to our friendly community! It's great having you here. Additional to @SunsetRunner suggestion you can try a Factory Reset on your device. This should remove any bond with your previous phone. 

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@Hrd not sure if you've tried anything listed here but this article explains how you can attempt to sync to a new phone. Also I would suggest you try a restart of your tracker.  Sometimes it takes a few restarts for the problem to be corrected.  Let us know if that works for you or you need further assistance.

Please remember to take a moment to mark the post that best answers your question as the Accepted Solution and Vote for posts that are useful or provide quality content.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hrd Welcome to our friendly community! It's great having you here. Additional to @SunsetRunner suggestion you can try a Factory Reset on your device. This should remove any bond with your previous phone. 

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reset worked, thank you!!

Best Answer

Thank you for the reply! The resetting worked a treat! 

Best Answer

@Hrd That is great! I am happy to hear that your tracker is working again. I would like to invite you to check our Discussions board where many of our members share great tips for a healthier lifestyle.

Hope to see you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello - this advice doesn't work because when I go through all the steps on my new iPhone it tells me "problem creating account. The email address you provided is already in use with an existing account." 

Best Answer

@Missy_NZ Thanks for joining us!  If you have already created an account the instead of tapping "Join Fitbit" you tap Log In and enter your account's information. After that you tap the Account button on the lower right corner and then Setup Device which will guide you through the setup process. If your tracker is already setup then you won't need to set it up again on your account.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t have the phone it my charge 2 was paired with so I can’t 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't forget to go to the Bluetooth settings on your old phone and select your Fitbit then "Forget this Device". Now go to your new phone and connect to it via the Bluetooth settings on the phone. Then it should work in the app. 

Best Answer