Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The bluetooth on my fitbit is broken, it wont connect to my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

First of all, I just want to say that I have really enjoyed having my Fitbit for the last 3 weeks, its been great fun tracking steps against friends and family. This is the main reason why i'm so frustrated as I love wearing the fitbit! 

The fitbit started by displaying the wrong time - I then went through the relevant steps and it worked again. 

It then worked for another 3 days. Before doing the same thing again. However this time, after following all the relevant steps to get it to work. The bluetooth is now broken and it won't connect to my phones bluetooth (This does work as tested on other bluetooth devices). 

I'm not sure what is left to do - should I get a replacement?

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128

Hey there @Oompy! Welcome to the Fitbit community! 

It's great to hear that your taking advantage of your Fitbit device, allow me to help in order to get your tracker syncing again I recommend you trying the following steps: 

• Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app and open it again.
  • Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.
  • Restart your tracker 2 or 3 times in a row
  • If your tracker didn't sync, try syncing with your computer.
  • If none of this works you can also try setting up as a new device. 

Hope it helps! Keep me posted :D. 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

I'm in the same spot as the original poster.  I went through the list of steps listed by MaginFitbit and none of them worked.  When I got to the last one and tried to set up my device as new, neither my computer nor my iPhone can find the Charge HR.  I'm really frustrated with this as I really enjoyed using my Charge HR.  Any other help or is my tracker done?

Best Answer

Welcome to our Community @n_endless_waltz! Thanks for stopping by! Cat HappyI'd like you to make sure your Internet and Bluetooth connection are working properly on your iOS device. Also, make sure you have updated your iOS App to the latest version and that you are following the steps provided by @Odyssey13  here

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Man Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hello, 

I have been using my fitbit flex for some time now and I love using it. It keeps me motivated. However, the bluetooth no longer works. It will not sync to my phone or computer. I have followed the steps listed in this thread, and have even reinstalled the app. Nothing works. The computer and my phone both cannot even find it. Does fitbit replace them if the bluetooth breaks? What do I do?

Best Answer

Welcome to our Community @Starlamb! Thanks for stopping by! Smiley HappyI'd like to know if your Flex is charging correctly? You always need to make sure you're not experiencing battery issues since this can affect your tracker from syncing to your account. You can try to clean the contacts by following the steps provided here. Also, I'd like to know if you're receiving any error message when trying to sync your tracker to your mobile device and computer?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

My fitbit is working correctly. My silent alarms work, step tracking works, sleep mode works, it charges fine. When I try and sync, both the computer and cell phone cannot find it. I don't get an error message. I get a message saying to ensure my fitbit is working and make sure it is close by. I am always within half a foot of the phone and computer when trying to sync. 

Best Answer

Hello - Very interested in follow up on this post topic.  I'm having all the same issues and have completed the same trouble shooting steps as Starlamb and WhistlerWarrior.  Neither my iPhone or Surface Pro 3 recognize my Charge HR bluetooth.  Battery is loaded. Unit is tracking steps, HR, etc. just fine but not syncing.  Unit never goes in the shower or pool or submerged in water - just hand washing and such. I work hard and play hard so it does get banged around a bit at times but nothing major preceeding this sync issue.  Only thing to add is that my clock is off by about 3 hours (date is ok). 

Looking forward to see proposed solutions.  Thank you Moderator for your attention in this matter.

(Tried Fitbit Help chat but website link was not working.  Next step will be a call but hoping to see forum comments first.)

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @StarlambWoman HappyThis is really weird...I'd like to know if you have make sure your tracker have enough battery? Also, have you tried setting up your tracker as a new device by following the steps provided here?

Welcome to our Community @Stonie1! Hope you're doing great! Smiley HappyI'd like to know if you're seeing any error message when trying to sync your tracker to your Dashboard? You can try following the steps provided in this thread

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Finally! I am reconnected!
I had not received any error messages, only that the app was looking for my Charge HR. I had performed all of the steps noted in trouble shooting up to the last suggestion of connecting a new device. That process appeared to jumpstart the Fitbit Bluetooth into pairing with my phone again. Took forever to process and download a weeks worth of data but I'm happy to find my Charge HR retained all that information and no data was lost.

Thank you for your assistance!

Sent from my mobile phone.

This message and any attachments contain information intended for a specific party and may include sensitive or confidential material. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use, or disclose to others. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by reply and then permanently delete this message and all attachments.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Stonie1 thanks for the update! Robot HappySo glad to know everything is now working as it should my friend. I'd like to invite you to our Discussions board which is the perfect place to make new friends and share your interests here at Fitbit.

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Meylin,

My fitbit is fully charged, and I have tried setting up as a new device. No luck.

Best Answer

I am in the exact same boat. My Charge HR worked great for months, never had any issues. Then Yesterday it decided to stop syncing and wont connect to either my phone or my laptop (tried fitbit connect as a suggestion in troubleshooting) but nothing is working.

Best Answer
I am having the same issue! So frustrating!! I have turned off the phone, turned off, turned on Bluetooth, etc,..now...it's not even able to locate the Fitbit. What is strange is everything is fine on the iPad. Help!!! 😳
Best Answer

I am also having this problem tonight. It's been syncing oddly since the last update, but now it says tracker not found when it's on my wrist 3 inches from my phone.

Best Answer
Short lived.
The fix lasted about 24 hours. Then dropped Bluetooth connection again. Now I've gone back and went through all the trouble shooting steps again and nothing. Even back to adding / replacing as a new device. App cannot find device. Any more suggestions Meylin? Last ditch effort to find solution on forum. Calling Fitbit tech tomorrow.
Best Answer

I have been having the same issue, I tried all of the above suggestions and none of them worked. I did a re-set and it worked for about 8 hours and now it won't sync again. I started having problems 2 days ago when my time was off by 30 minutes. the time fixed itself but it hasn't synced properly since and now it won't sync at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue as the above users. Tried with both my Oppo F1f and Samsung s6 edge. My FitBit Charge HR connects thenstright away displays ''Bluetooth Issues".

I'm guessing this is a now a known issue. Any ideas when it will be fixed?

Best Answer
My Fitbit Charge will not connect to any device, phone or computer. Even had a Verizon employee try for me. It's fully charged and Bluetooth is on. Tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps.
Best Answer
Follow up: this morning when I got to work...everything synced. Although, reading some other responses who had success and loosing it later on, I will move forward cautiously.
Best Answer
0 Votes