Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The bluetooth on my fitbit is broken, it wont connect to my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

First of all, I just want to say that I have really enjoyed having my Fitbit for the last 3 weeks, its been great fun tracking steps against friends and family. This is the main reason why i'm so frustrated as I love wearing the fitbit! 

The fitbit started by displaying the wrong time - I then went through the relevant steps and it worked again. 

It then worked for another 3 days. Before doing the same thing again. However this time, after following all the relevant steps to get it to work. The bluetooth is now broken and it won't connect to my phones bluetooth (This does work as tested on other bluetooth devices). 

I'm not sure what is left to do - should I get a replacement?

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128
Mine is doing the same. Hasn't synced in 2 days. I get the error "tracker not found". Blue tooth is on. Rebooted it and my phone. Time is off by 1 hour (I am visiting a new time zone). My husband's phone doesn't work either..we installed the app and it gives the same error. Battery is fully charged. I do not have my dongle for the computer but I do have my cable. Any suggestions? I'm.about to go tons of walking and want it all to be tracked properly and not lost!
Best Answer
0 Votes
The first thing that worked for me was to go into the app and tell it to 'Add another device'. Went through the process and it finally connected. It must have reset the Charge HR Bluetooth or something. Unfortunately, a day later, it lost connection again. Then none of the previous steps worked. Finally called Fitbit Tech and after a couple transfers, walked through everything with a technician and still nothing. They wound up sending me a new Charge HR. Haven't had a problem since. I highly recommend reaching out to Tech Services if none of the other resets work for you. Good luck!
Best Answer
I will have to reach out to tech support then. I tried to add a new device
or replace existing and it cannot find it. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing has just happened to my Charge HR. The bluetooth seems to have given up. I have restarted several times, and deleted it from the app, but now I can't reinstall because my iphone can't see it.

This is my third Fitbit and I depend on it.

What should I do? It must be a known problem given this forum!

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi i have a chargehr and it stoped syncing so i tried unpairing it and now it can not be found by my computer or my samsung galagy s5 i have tried everything on the list even uninstalled the app and reinstalled nothing is working only had it since june any more sugestions

Best Answer
Im in the same boat. Ive followed all the steps of turning bluetooth off and on. Tried to resync. Uninstall app. Turned phone on and off. Nothing is working. Now my phone wont register it at all.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mines done the same. All working but time is way out. Bluetooth has given up the ghost. This is my second replacement tracker too. Poor by anyone's expectations
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a replacement due to bubbling issues.  Was able to connect the first time.  Then I had to reverse to my old one to capture data and then removed old device from fitbit app and reinstalled the new one.  Would not sync.  Then noticed that it wasn't pairing on the Bluetooth on my mobile and the connect on the website was failing too. So isolated it to the replacement Fitbit.   Followed instructions above and it only worked after I did the restart of the Fitbit 3x. Hold it for 12 sec until you see the Fitbit version appear with the Fitbit logo 3times.  Then went into Fitbit app to setup the device, code popped up and "connecting to fitbit appears".  This usually dragged so I left for 20 min.  When I returned to look at mobile phone, it is now synched up and is recognized in the Bluetooth screen (it wasn't prior to the restart).  Have not installed the new IOS 10.2.  Going to wait a week until I know this is stable.  I do believe the Fitbit just needs a very clean reboot.  Use her link above on how to restart your fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

One more add:. Prework:. Prior to restarting the Fitbit, I cleaned up Apple phone by removing any paired setup in the Bluetooth device list (go to settings, Bluetooth on your iPhone ).  Then restarted the iPhone and then went into Fitbit to add a device.

Best Answer

My Blaze is not displaying the bluetooth link in the settings. It appears one minute and I can turn it on, but then it turns off by itself and disappears out of the settings. Please Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all these things and various other suggestions in a sync problems page, restarting, resetiing, uninstalling app, reinstalling app, forcing apps to stop and restart, clearing cache and data, restarting phone, turning bluetooth on my phone on and off, you name it, i have tried it.Nothing i do makes my bluetooth on my phone see the fitbit charge hr device.  I have successfully paired my phone to my laptop so both those devices are wiorking.  My laptop cannot see the charge hr either.

this worked yesterday, i managed a sync after pairing when my sister set it up for me the first time.

I am feeling seriously frustrated and cannot get any local support in South Africa.

What more is required?  I think the bluetooth on the fitbit charge hr just doesn't work.  what now?  how do i check/fix that?  Please help...

thanks

Best Answer

Mine is doing this too! 

I have:

Reset fitbit charge hr

Uninstalled and reinstalled app

Restarted phone 

Unpaired device from bluetooth

Unpaired from fitbit app

Now I cannot see it as an avaliable Bluetooth device nor can I readd as it cannot be located / found

Really disappointed 

Best Answer

I've had the same issue. I've tried all the suggested restarts of the device and on both the PC and the phone it no longer appears to be finding the device as if Bluetooth all of a sudden stopped working. I noticed the issue when it seemed the battery was barely making it through the day, then all of a sudden seemed to also have the wrong date and time. Feel like I've tried all I can at this point and about ready to throw it away. Is there any way I can take it somewhere locally to be serviced? We bought it from a T-Mobile store, but it is just over a year old so doubtful it's under any sort of warranty. 

Best Answer

Hi! @MaginB So I have had the same problem and I tried setting up as as new device but it still won't sync up through the Bluetooth. It is saying it is not picking it up. What else is there to do. I tried all that you suggested..

Best Answer

You likely have multiple CHARGEHR or CHARGE bluetooth connections on your phone causing confusion esp if you are getting errors connecting.

Assuming you have an iPhone.  Do the following in this order:

1. Remove all bluetooth connections related to Fitbit.  Go to the "i" and click forget this device.  (I found two of these causing confusion with the iphone when I had several failed attempts.  Removed both so no CHARGEHR connections exist.)
  2. Turn off your bluetooth temporarily in your settings screen under setting/bluetooth.
  3. Cold boot iPhone.  (Power off, wait three seconds and manually power on)
  4. Reset your Fitbit by keeping it plugged in the fitbit charger and holding it 12-20 seconds until you get the Fitbit logo and version number.  Release.
  5. Enable Bluetooth on your iphone.
  6. Remove previous install of CHARGEHR or your fitbit device.
  7. Click on +Setup a Device.
  8. Follow instructions until you are asked to hold down the button and it has found your tracker.
  9. Enter the 4 digit number.
  10. Wait (can take up to 20 min).  You should get a confirmation with a next sign.
  11. You will then be given all sorts of training screens until you get the Done screen.  Happy Stepping!

If you encounter issues, start again.  Likely you missed a step.  Goodluck. 

Best Answer

Check out my posts

Best Answer
0 Votes
I only have one fitbit device and do not have an iPhone, but a Samsung Android. I actually called customer service and they agreed the Bluetooth stopped working and was malfunctioning and they sent me out a new one. Once I got the new one, it synced immediately, so issue was not the phone. Great customer service!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. My charger hr bluer ooh appears to be broken and will not sync with my device. It is definitely not the device. The tracker is fully charged. Please advise next steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.

the Fitbit worked fine for about three weeks, then suddenly I find that it has not been tracking me for a couple of days. I first expected user error, but after trying all the suggestions on this board, I still cannot connect with Bluetooth.

•  Have restarted my iPad
  • i have deleted my Charger from the app, and now Bluetooth can no longer see the charger
  • i have checked for charge and have plenty 
  • The Fitbit does show my heart rate, time, steps, stairs, etc, but heart rate and sleep are not showing in App.
  • the device simply cannot be seen from the iPad
Best Answer

I have tried all of the recommended steps and none are working for me. It's as if my Fitbit HR Bluetooth signal just stopped working. Urgh....

Best Answer
0 Votes