Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't sync sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I wear my Fitbit HR to bed. When I wake up every morning I go to the app on my iphone and it won't sync my sleep. Been like this for a week and half now. Someone help?
Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41
I have the same problem...i hope to get it resolved soon!
Best Answer

Welcome to our Community @SunsetRunner @celia2016! Thanks for joining us! Robot HappyMy best advise here would be to restart your tracker by following the steps provided in this thread

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Cat Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I bought Charge HRs for both of my sons in late May.  I can't get one set up to sync with the app on my phone at all and the other Charge HR will sync all data except for the sleep function.  It only shows data back from June for him and prior to that for the fitbit I used to wear.

I first want to solve the lack of sync function for sleep data.  I have tried uninstalling the app and reloading it as well as resetting the Charge HR itself several times and neither of those things works.

I appreciate any direction you can provide.

thank you

Lisa

Best Answer

@lhajek welcome to the forums! Please keep in mind that you can only link one of the same type tracker to the same Fitbit account. If you're having issues getting your trackers to sync their data, please follow the instructions in this post for troubleshooting from the app and this post for instructions in a computer.

Also, try a restart by doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge HR. Your Charge HR will begin charging.
  2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  3. Let go of the button.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Keep an eye to your trackers after this and post back with the outcome. I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Cat Very Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you for your response but it still isn't working.  For the Fitbit app on my phone I have my Flex and one son's Charge HR set up to sync.  My other son syncs his Charge HR to his own iPod Touch.  My Flex will sync all data without a problem.  The Charge HR will sync all data to the Fitbit app except for the sleep data.  I have reset/started the Charge HR numerous times according to your instructions as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  I even removed my Flex so that it wouldn't be confusing.  When I try to sync the Charge HR I do so in a room that is at least 15' away from where another Fitbit device is located so it's not confusing.  Is there anything else I can try or is this a HW flaw?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lhajek thanks for getting back to me! I got it  now! So you're saying that one of your sons has a Charge HR set up using your same Fitbit account where you have your Flex? If that's the case, I recommend setting up a different account for your son in order for the data to properly sync; otherwise it will create confusion between your tracker and your sons tracker. 

You can contact support for a second opinion. They also have the proper tools to take a deeper look into your son's Charge HR behavior. I really hope this info makes sense. Keep me posted! Cat Very Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Best Answer

@Msparks thanks for joining us! I noticed that your post was empty please let me know if you're experiencing any issues with your sleep not syncing. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

I've had problems with my Charge HR not syncing sleep when I am travelling and can't sync with my laptop (my normal practice) daily.  I was just on a cruise, so no internet.  The day before we were in a hotel where I had access and synced once with my iPod (or so I thought).  But it would not sync at all the next day at the hotel and when I got back home, none of the data from that one sync were visible on  my dashboard.  After syncing (the first time after the cruise) my steps, heart rate and flights of stairs were there for the whole week.  But no sleep data at all.  After my first night home, I am back to seeing all my sleep data.  I've had this problem sporadically when travelling and using a company iPhone for syncing but have never had no sleep logged.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ohiobetsy thanks for your question. Have you checked that the Sleep Tile isn't hidden from view? Do let me know. Also, please keep in mind that your Charge HR stores up to 7 days of detailed minute-by-minute data. If you wait longer than 7 days before syncing, you may only see the most recent week's detailed data. Summary data (calories, distance, steps, and floors) will be stored for 30 days. If your tracker measures heart rate, summary heart rate data will be stored as well.

If you have been syncing before the 7 day period is up and your sleep info isn't showing, then I recommend restarting your tracker to prevent this from happening again:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge or Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Keep an eye to your tracker's behavior and let me know how it goes!

Best Answer

Hi Mariam, Thank you for replying so quickly.  Maybe I didn't make myself totally clear.  It is only when I am traveling and do not have the chance to sync regularly.  I know the Fitbit holds only 7 days' worth of data and I can see all of those 7 days' worth of steps, stairs, etc. except for sleep.  I can see sleep data  for the time prior to that and the time since that.  I just don't understand why only the sleep doesn't show for the 7 days.  Do you still recommend restarting it?

Best Answer

@ohiobetsy I see! Thanks for clarifying this for me. Yeah, totally! A restart is always worth the shot. Smiley Wink Let  me know how it goes after that. Now, you should be able to see your sleep from 7 days' worth of data. Are you wearing your tracker to bed? Do let me know! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mariam, OK, I did the restart but since that 7 days' worth of sleep data were from Jan. 13-20, I can't get them now.  So I may not know till my next vacation-unless I just skip syncing for a few days.  I may try that.  Of couse I wear my Fitbit to bed-my main reason for getting it was to monitor sleep.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ohiobetsy thanks a million for the clarification. Just as a friendly reminder, a restart might erase all unsynced data. Make sure you're syncing before restarting. Give that a try and post back with the outcome! Smiley Happy Feel free to post back, I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mariam, Ok, after the restart and not syncing for 3 days, I just synced and my sleep data were captured.  So maybe all that was needed was the restart.  Thank you for your help!

Best Answer

@ohiobetsy thanks for getting  back to me! Reading that the restart did the trick was like a ray of sunshine! Smiley Happy Heart Hope to see you around more often! 

Catch you later. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

restarted 2x and still no success

Best Answer

@yelword welcome aboard buddy! If you've tried everything to no avail, then I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. They definitely have the proper tools to take a deeper look into your tracker's behavior. When you contact them, please let them know about the troubleshooting steps you've done so far to fix this. By doing that you'll be helping them to provide you with a quick follow up. Good luck and keep me posted with the outcome! :smileyhappy:

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. After 2 more re-sets it's working again
Best Answer