Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't sync sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I wear my Fitbit HR to bed. When I wake up every morning I go to the app on my iphone and it won't sync my sleep. Been like this for a week and half now. Someone help?
Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Thanks for getting back to me @yelword! Reading that you're now back on track was like a ray of sunshine. Heart Cat Wink Feel free to post back!

On a different note, I encourage you to visit our Discussion boards. In there you'll find lots of interesting topics and you'll make hundreds of Fitbit friends. It's a lot of fun! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Will the reset mentioned in this thread work for the Fitbit Flex too?  It will no longer sync my sleep info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nana65 welcome aboard! The restart for your Fitbit Flex is the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and insert it into the charging cable.
  3. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  4. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.
  5. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.

Just as a friendly reminder, please make sure you post your inquiries related to your Fitbit Flex in its right board, since this is the Charge HR board. In the correct board you'll be able to find more relevant info related to your tracker. Also, you'll be helping us to keep the community an organized place for everyone. Thanks for your understanding!

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I've tried restarting the band, turning off bluetooth, uninstalling the app, restarting the phone, etc.  Have I missed a step?  It tracked everything for 2 days and nights and now it's a fight to get it to sync steps.  Ideas?

Best Answer

@DianneT13 thanks for joining us in this thread and for troubleshooting beforehand! That definitely doesn't sound like normal behavior. If possible could you please attach a screenshot of what you're describing please? That would give me a better picture of what the situation is.

Has this happened before? How many times did you restart your tracker? Sorry to answer your post with more questions, but I'd really like to have a clear picture of what the issue is. Smiley Happy 

In the meantime, you might want to set up your tracker as a new device (do not unpair your tracker to do this). Please follow these steps to go through the set up process again. Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Best Answer
Thanks Mariam. I actually took it back yesterday. I had even tried
connecting it to my fitness pal with no luck. This one seems better so
fingers crossed!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DianneT13 it's lovely to hear back from you! Check out this post with further instructions on how to connect your Fitbit and MyFitnessPal accounts. I really hope this helps. I'll keep my fingers crossed too for this one! Smiley Wink Heart 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

For the last 3 days my Fitbit hr is not syncing my sleep help please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Mimiperks123, welcome aboard! Have you tried restarting your tracker already? If you haven't done so already, I suggest doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge or Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

After the restart, I recommend giving it a try and test it for next morning. Just out of curiosity is this happening from both a mobile device and your Fitbit.com Dashboard? Do let me know!

I'll be looking forward to your new comments! 

Best Answer

I have a brand new Charge HR and it is showing that I go to sleep every night at 4:00 AM plus/minus a few minutes and I am actually going to bed at 11:00 PM.  How do I get my HR to track my sleep correctly?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wxpeter thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the community! That definitely doesn't sound like normal behavior. Make sure that you are syncing your tracker properly. Check out this post with steps on how to sync your tracker. 

I also suggest attempting a restart by doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge or Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V128").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Also, please note that although your Charge HR autodetects sleep and it's designed to know when the device is off your wrist, occasionally it may record a sleep log when you aren't actually asleep. You can delete this sleep log on your dashboard. Click here for instructions on how to do so.

I really hope this helps. Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this problem for the last few days. I have deleted the app and reinstalled.

I have linked it to USB and held button etc and restarted the tracker. It recognises everything else but not sleep. Tried the community forum online chat and 27 people ahead of me and gave up...very frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue and after doing the process 4-5 times it finally reset. Not sure why Fitbit cannot get it together. I have been a loyal user for 4+ years and it is very frustrating that their software is so buggy. I am in the software business and as a business owner I would be embarrassed to put my name on a product w so many problems.

Peter
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@map57 & @wxpeter thanks for the follow up guys! I certainly appreciate your reports about this; therefore, I'd like to request screenshots of your Dashboard where your tracker isn't recognizing sleep. This will definitely help me get a better pic of the situation. 

In the meantime, I suggest taking a look at this article: How do I track my sleep?

I'll be looking forward to your replies! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't get my fitbit to track my sleep until after setting up the device I went back into set up a device on my phone and paired it. First you click on the box at the top right in the dash board. Then go to set up a device, follow the instructions to replace the device, then your fitbit will give you a code which you type into your phone and you enter next about ten times and your done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It stopped syncing sleep a week ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

I plug my Fitbit in and I press the button for 10-12 seconds but I never get a logo and the version number to pop up. Doesn’t matter how many times I do it. I bought this within this year I’m pretty sure so I’m frustrated that it’s already not working properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  I had two problems, one with my sleep no longer showing correctly and secondly that my heart rate stopped showing at all.  I did the restart as you advised for the other user's sleep issue and in doing so, my heart rate record instantly resumed. I'm only using my Fitbit for these two functions so I'm now hopeful that this simple restart proves to be the key when I sleep tonight. Much appreciated!

Best Answer

Updating to confirm that the reboot advice also fixed my sleep record.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently the thread you have listed tells me access denied.  Any idea how and why my sleep tracker stopped?

id love to read what you were trying to lead to.  

Best Answer
0 Votes